Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Voda's FibreX - yeah or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by wratterus View Post
    Wow....that's awesome.

Sso what is the model of your fibre modem? And they've given you a HG659?
    The Modem is a Technicolor TC4400VDF The Router is the HG695

I think when we were talking he was referring to the Technicolor all in one modem/router, because at the time we were discussing using mine, and I mentioned glad to see you're not using those all in one modem/router - thats when he made the comment.

We did try my router, but all we did was change from a static to dynamic IP & obtain DNS servers, it thought about it, but then - narrrrrrr.

I Also changed a couple of Switches (TP-Link gigabit) as the current were not gigabit so would have been a problem.

He was good though, I asked for a call at least an hour before if possible in case I was in the middle of downloading something, which he did.

missed out on the $100 becasue they got it done within the 3 day period - 2 days. BUT at least my over all monthly bill is cheaper now
    Last edited by wainuitech; 16-03-2017 at 01:53 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Quote Originally Posted by wratterus View Post
    If you don't know what a static IP is, or why you might need one, you don't need one.
    Sweet. That clarifies it!

Well, all done.
    Over a week late and after time taken off work to meet installers who never showed - apparently "tell them to get f**ked" didn't happen so they've turned up and install done.

Somehow the installer did a speed test and got 814mbps - after he leaves I do a speedtest and get 212.

How odd ..

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    Well, all done.
    Over a week late and after time taken off work to meet installers who never showed - apparently "tell them to get f**ked" didn't happen so they've turned up and install done.

Somehow the installer did a speed test and got 814mbps - after he leaves I do a speedtest and get 212.

How odd ..
    If its a week late from the appointment- call them and insist they give you the $100 http://www.vodafone.co.nz/broadband/...-fibre/fibrex/ Their advert on the Right hand side.

The Speed -- Mine was OK at first as well, but it soon developed a slowness on the download, the speed could drop as low as 10Mbps, then come back up to 40-100Mbps, then later come back to max out at around 900Mbps.

What you need to do is do speedtests at various times, get a record, Once I had done this - had 6 results, I called back, advised of the slow speed, times of day,they checked out the line and said the logs were showing there was a fault, and the down was timing out, up and down. It took them a week, but finally sorted the speed problem. The Guy from Downer who tested here, said everything was fine between the modem/router to the Pole, so there was a fault someplace between my connection and the main feed.

Now its been steady, slowest speed test I got since they sorted it was just over 600Mbps.

Just did a speed test now @ 2.30 Saturday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Speedtest.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	7984
    Last edited by wainuitech; 01-04-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer