Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Climate change data fabricated.

So the Chickens are Coming Home to Roost.

About time.

HERE and HERE
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Default Re: Climate change data fabricated.

Yeah just watched a (painful) doco on Sky about it.
    Yes sea levels are rising (mostly what the doco was about).

Antarctica had trees once, was it all the penguins car driving and coal fires?
    Hmm....

They went on how we should change our diets and not eat cows because The US uses 50% of it's land for animal feed and 70% of that is for cows.
    Uhuh....50%?

Whatever, the dude said he understood we are not all into (mung beans and lentils?) OK he didn't say that, he said some of us like meat so we should eat chickens.

Uh chicken isn't a red meat actually.
    I would have thought they'd at least pick goats.

Then there are the electric cars. Having an electric car each will save us all.
    Apparently.

There was some blah about oil companies and their evil campaigns....
    I wonder how many people know more of the oil is actually used for plastics than petrol or diesel?

Abandon 95% of your modern appliances, furniture, clothes and toys people........(no they sure didn't suggest that either)

Then there were the usual visits to India and talk of standard of livings and such.

And the loss of habitat of animals etc.

Hmmm. ANyone ever thought that almost everything wouldn't be so much of an issue if there were only 1/6th of us humans around?

Nope, they sure didn't. One of them went on about he worries about his 12 grandchildren.
    Uhuh, perhaps those 12 grandchildren will also have 12 grandchildren.
    Theres 144 of them.

No wonder we're in this mess.
    wipe your paws.

Yes, I agree pctek. Population overload will eventually do us all in.

SWMBO went to her sisters funeral yesterday. Her sister and her husband, their kids,grandkids and great grandkids total 36 to date with more to come.

Let's not get to worried about things with oil etc.

Ken

Wouldn't panic yet kenj.

Mother Earth has still got about 17 acres each for everyone alive today and is very capable of looking after herself.

The Aussies seem to have caught on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lake Eyre.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	7924
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Yes I think climate change is a joke.
    The term is a joke
    Global Warming I could understand.
    And if the globe was warming I'd be worried.

But climate Change is a namby pampy sickly white leftie liberal wishy washy term invented by some limp wristed scientists so they could get more money from us.

I am much more concerned about over population in the rest of the world, especially inhospitable places like Africa, and India.

And I'm also more concerned about a certain religion that causes trouble whereever it goes.

Funny how the 3 countries the UN are banging on about recently all have that same religion and inter-tribal warfare going on.
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

I have conflicting views on the whole thing myself. I agree that population is the real problem, but no government that wants to be re elected would dare to touch that. The economy is based around growth, and politics is based around the economy. Even when they talk about the environment it somehow becomes about economics instead. And people will never react well to being told how many kids they should have. Carbon tax is what happens when politicians try to fix an environmental issue, they fall back on the well established principal that if something costs more people use less of it rather than trying to find real solutions. Doesn't hurt that it generates more money for them in the process.

So even though the human contribution to climate change has not been clearly established and an accurate predictive model has not been either it's still the only thing that's putting any pressure on us to reduce our environmental impact. In principal that's something I support. The way it's all being implemented is some crazy bs but it's all we have. To think that we can just keep increasing our numbers indefinitely and do whatever we like to the environment and not worry about just leads to eventual disaster. Sustainability needs to not just be about our use of resources, but about our population as well.
    i7 6700K, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 SSD, Gigabyte GTX980

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    I have conflicting views on the whole thing myself. I agree that population is the real problem, but no government that wants to be re elected would dare to touch that. The economy is based around growth, and politics is based around the economy. Even when they talk about the environment it somehow becomes about economics instead. And people will never react well to being told how many kids they should have. Carbon tax is what happens when politicians try to fix an environmental issue, they fall back on the well established principal that if something costs more people use less of it rather than trying to find real solutions. Doesn't hurt that it generates more money for them in the process.
    I don't agree that we (the world) cant do anything about population growth.
    In western countries the populations would be going down if it were not for immigration. eg Germany, Italy, Japan.
    That could be a good thing as more automation comes in, then fewer people will be able to produce more.
    So stop all immigration.

For non western countries, yes they are the ones will will have to limit their families to 2 children per woman, and then she would have to be sterilised.
    That would stabilise their populations and may cause a slight down town.
    But lets face it they are the ones wit the problem.

By the way, I still that NZ needs about 10 million good people, all spread out.

And yes I agree with Dugimodo about this constant growth mantra.
    Politicians like growth, but it cannot be done year on year for ever, without a growing population (= market)

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post

Mother Earth has still got about 17 acres each for everyone alive today and is very capable of looking after herself.
    So you think it's sustainable to be jammed in like rats, using up all the available space? You're forgetting the other species.
    It matters, they are not there as things for us to admire or eat. The ecosystem needs them.

Look at the bees, big problems if they disappear.

Sure the planet will carry on, it did after the first 5 extinctions. It will be us and our environment that will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    The economy is based around growth
    Yep. And that's a fairly modern thing. And not sustainable. Everyone needs to keep buying crap. So they need to make more crap, well China does anyway, and then junk the old crap. How long do you think that will last?
    wipe your paws.

[QUOTE=pctek;1258138Sure the planet will carry on, it did after the first 5 extinctions. It will be us and our environment that will be gone.[/QUOTE]

I rest my case.

Shall we introduce a Tax on something?