Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior

Default Re: Blood on the carpet and couch

From 'Spotless 2' by Shannon Lush. (wouldn't be without it) 'Blood is a protein stain. Dampen a cake of bathroom soap in cold water and scribble over the stain as though using a big crayon. Scrub in every direction with a toothbrush. Wipe with a damp cloth, place paper towels on top and stand on to remove moisture. If you have applied any other product to the blood, neutralise it first by wiping with a cloth wrung out in white vinegar. Put a couple of drops of glycerine on a toothbrush, scrub over stain and leave for 20 min, then use the soap and water technique as described'. I guess you could use a nail brush or something for a biggish area. Don't saturate through to the carpet backing as it could discolour the carpet. I have gray wool carpet and any cleaning always leaves a darker area which fades in time even with a very light spot clean.
    Last edited by bellbird; 18-02-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Crikey - I'd rather replace all the carpet and fabric than go through all that malarky!
    Quote Originally Posted by bellbird View Post
    From 'Spotless 2' by Shannon Lush. (wouldn't be without it) 'Blood is a protein stain. Dampen a cake of bathroom soap in cold water and scribble over the stain as though using a big crayon. Scrub in every direction with a toothbrush. Wipe with a damp cloth, place paper towels on top and stand on to remove moisture. If you have applied any other product to the blood, neutralise it first by wiping with a cloth wrung out in white vinegar. Put a couple of drops of glycerine on a toothbrush, scrub over stain and leave for 20 min, then use the soap and water technique as described'. I guess you could use a nail brush or something for a biggish area. Don't saturate through to the carpet backing as it could discolour the carpet. I have gray wool carpet and any cleaning always leaves a darker area which fades in time even with a very light spot clean.
    Kool-Aid Black Cherry! Get it here!

pcsourcepoint

Lately I been using "baby" wipes or similar, e.g. like Jiff wipes for any kind of grease, ink, etc stains. Whether on carpet or walls. But sometimes spray before hand, in a single bottle with a mix of liquids: disinfectant, "dish wash soap",water, shampoo, etc). Works OK. Then press old tea towels to damp/dry out on the resultant wet stain.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)