Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump

Banned

Default Re: Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking View Post
    He's seen their deficit of 15 trillion dollars and it needs to come down.
    Indeed, to allow the country to get into the position it’s in would indicate to me that “Heads must Roll” and I'm expecting a few that don’t go quietly will be fired.

After all, Obama didn’t make this mess single handedly, he had plenty of bad advice and those people must be culled.

Your Fired!

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Indeed, to allow the country to get into the position it’s in would indicate to me that “Heads must Roll” and I'm expecting a few that don’t go quietly will be fired.
    After all, Obama didn’t make this mess single handedly, he had plenty of bad advice and those people must be culled.
    Your Fired!
    Even Obama wasnt 100% at fault. Dems & Republicans just fought each other , rather than truly address the issue

The fix is & allways was simple: stop spending money you dont have
    Implementing that fix is near impossible .

As a leader of the USA, I don't really care what Trump does (or doesn't do) to the USA, but I live in fear of the global impacts his total lack of diplomacy and lack of carefully measured words could have on global politics and global peace.

We've got the least diplomatic person in a position of diplomat. If he could be muzzled I'd be perfectly happy to see what he achieves, but the un-muzzed, un-restrained off-the-cuff jibes are not appropriate for his position.

Personally, I see him surrounding himself by unqualified 'allies', further compounding the circle of ignorance that represents his government.
    I expect him to become fatigued with the constant demands of the job, and quite possibly will throw in the towel long before 2 years have passed.

I'm actually surprised there hasn't already been an attempt on his life, but perhaps the folk most likely to resort to those measures are the folk that actually voted him in.

I worked for everything I have. Most successful people have done the same thing.
    No, you aren't "entitled" to it. Too damn bad, Get it the way I did.
    WORK FOR IT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Cov View Post
    As a leader of the USA, I don't really care what Trump does (or doesn't do) to the USA, but I live in fear of the global impacts his total lack of diplomacy and lack of carefully measured words could have on global politics and global peace.

We've got the least diplomatic person in a position of diplomat. If he could be muzzled I'd be perfectly happy to see what he achieves, but the un-muzzed, un-restrained off-the-cuff jibes are not appropriate for his position.

Personally, I see him surrounding himself by unqualified 'allies', further compounding the circle of ignorance that represents his government.
    I expect him to become fatigued with the constant demands of the job, and quite possibly will throw in the towel long before 2 years have passed.

I'm actually surprised there hasn't already been an attempt on his life, but perhaps the folk most likely to resort to those measures are the folk that actually voted him in.
    Well I see it from quite the opposite point of view.

The American developed doctrine of Political Correctness and Diplomacy is what got America into the position it finds itself in.

Someone who calls a Spade a Spade will be a breath of fresh air.

However, he is up against the Media, who some people still believe, and the bureaucrats, that are still in power and are the real source of the problems America has.

Some 35 years ago the BBC did a sitcom called “Yes Minister” which was so close to the truth when it comes to the relationship between the Ministers and the Bureaucrats it became iconic.

HERE is an example.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post

Some 35 years ago the BBC did a sitcom called “Yes Minister” which was so close to the truth when it comes to the relationship between the Ministers and the Bureaucrats it became iconic.

HERE is an example.
    That is a good TV series!
    Quote Originally Posted by pcuser42 View Post
    38.7% of stasistics are made up on the spot, and 56.3% have a decimal point added to make them more believeable.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by Nick G View Post
    That is a good TV series!
    +1 But it should be viewed as a documentary rather than a comedy.

Apple free and happy KarameaDave's Avatar

FTW

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    +1 But it should be viewed as a documentary rather than a comedy.
    As the old Adage goes: “Many a true word was spoken in jest”.

I feel sorry for him - he's out of his depth. He kept putting off a press conference because he couldn't handle it, then fell back on the only act he could do, his campaign routine.

(I am reminded of a Far Side cartoon where an elephant is sitting down at a piano about to give a concert. He's thinking "Dear God, what am I doing here - I'm a trumpeter not a pianist")
    i7-6700k @ 4.4GHz, Crucial 250GB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8GB @ 2.4GHz
    GA-z170n-wifi, Noctua NH-D9L low profile, Silverstone SG08, EVGA GTX970