Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's a worry

Related to the Queen - by Corgi

Default Re: It's a worry

Must have been a ripper
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Sounds funny, but not for the woman involved. What does "...the laser ignited..." actually mean? Clearly there was a serious malfunction, but blaming it on a fart because they couldn't find a anything else sounds like the Sherlock Holmes fallacy- "when you eliminate all possible explanations then what remains must be the cause". This assumes that you have, in fact, eliminated all possible causes but one, but do you actually know that? I hope the woman has a good lawyer.
    Last edited by Jayess64; 02-11-2016 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo

Based on youthful experiences with much hilarity I can assure you that farts do burn.

Ken

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

When I worked as a Biomedical Engineer in an LA hospital, one of my jobs was to test, detect and repair any problems in the grounding system in surgery.

Yes - patients do/did explode if a minuscule static spark might happen in an oxygen-rich environment like surgery. The insides of people can sometimes be filled with explosive gasses especially when the intestines and stomach is involved, but also putrid tissue gives off some explosive gas too when mixed with oxygen.

Any equipment that was in contact with the patient, doctor or nursing staff had to have ZERO electrical leakage for that same reason. Shoes had to be conductive to the floor to drained any potential from anyone working on a patients - again especially in surgery.

(to the nervously waiting family and friends in the waiting room): "Yes - the surgery was a success, however he exploded on the operating table. We scraped him off then walls and you can take him home in this jar".

Det är trevligt att se snön när jag var inte säker på att jag skulle kunna igen.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferJoe46 View Post
    When I worked as a Biomedical Engineer in an LA hospital, one of my jobs was to test, detect and repair any problems in the grounding system in surgery.

Yes - patients do/did explode if a minuscule static spark might happen in an oxygen-rich environment like surgery. The insides of people can sometimes be filled with explosive gasses especially when the intestines and stomach is involved, but also putrid tissue gives off some explosive gas too when mixed with oxygen.

Any equipment that was in contact with the patient, doctor or nursing staff had to have ZERO electrical leakage for that same reason. Shoes had to be conductive to the floor to drained any potential from anyone working on a patients - again especially in surgery.

(to the nervously waiting family and friends in the waiting room): "Yes - the surgery was a success, however he exploded on the operating table. We scraped him off then walls and you can take him home in this jar".
    OK, fair comment. Intestinal gasses (let's keep a little decorum here) can be enriched in methane so the precautions you describe are no doubt well founded. I just hope that the events described in this story can be regarded as highly unusual, speaking as one who has been poked around in the nether regions several times in the last few years.

What with?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    What with?

Ken
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jayess64 View Post
    OK, fair comment. Intestinal gasses (let's keep a little decorum here) can be enriched in methane so the precautions you describe are no doubt well founded. I just hope that the events described in this story can be regarded as highly unusual, speaking as one who has been poked around in the nether regions several times in the last few years.
    Oh, I'll admit that I neither saw it happen nor saw any entrails running down the walls in the few dozen surgeries I have actually watched.

Right after the surgeons had their hissy and came back to work after a work stoppage because their malpractice insurance rates went astronomical, I was required to video tape surgeries for a while to prove that the itinerant scissors or an occasional Metzenbaum had been left in the (here an: unnamed) patient.

After quite a few surgeries, one of the doctors asked me if I was recording the sound too. He had just graphically described his latest sexual exploit to the theater and then realized that I was hovering around over him with the camera.

I guess their talking about Stock Options, Pork Belly Futures or Offshore Accounts and sexual conquests were not to be recorded either.

One would be amazed at what doctors confer upon the captive hearers in surgery theaters.

No surgeons nor patients were harmed intentionally creating this response. Your and other's results may vary. Take all medications as indicated on the label. If you should miss an appointed dosage and it is near to the time for the next dose, skip the first dose and take the second dose unless you really missed both the first and your second dose and need to catch up to the third dose's appointed time or date. Mathematically that may not be a good idea either so disregard the second dose all together and then renumber the first dose as the new third dose in this statement. However, never take three doses (#s 1, 2 & 3, or #s 1, 3 & 2 or #s 3, 1 & 2) of the same medication in a short span as we have no idea of how that might turn out. Wash your hands before and after handling all medications, even the containers in which they are prescribed. This removes any incriminating personally identifable traces of DNA or partial fungerprints.One may also have their Service Rhesus Monkey handle the medication or container to really mess with the heads of the police authorities. Taking drugs is wrought with possible side effects, and frankly we have no idea of- nor any reason to- question the purpose for which your practitioner has prescribed this medication. It may, frankly be for the off label side effects it may or might not induce, as the original prescription purpose for which this drug was created may not be what you need in your situation. if you have any side effects, and we ask you to wait until the effects wear down, and only then, to please send a full despription of what these side effects were as we may want to review them for our own recreational purposes. Send those reactions to www.wewanttoseetheprettycolorstoo.med. Waiting for the side effects to wear down will make it much easier for us to read your gibberish description, since phrases like: "Wow, dude! I saw angels" and "The voices in my head told me ... " etc, are not actually reactions that we can document and possibly reproduce in an unnamed for now clinical facility with any regularity. Thank-you for your reading this so far. It proves you really care about your health. Either that or you're still stoned outta your gourd and have nothing else to read in lock up.

Det är trevligt att se snön när jag var inte säker på att jag skulle kunna igen.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferJoe46 View Post
    One would be amazed at what doctors confer upon the captive hearers in surgery theaters.
    If one works in that area, or knows people who do, one would not be surprised at anything they get up to.

I have a friend who works in a certain hospital and some of the things they did, never mind said, would cause an enormous fuss if known.

I can also tell you none of them are drug tested either and drug use is a lot more common than you think
    wipe your paws.