Page 163 of 175 FirstFirst ... 156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1745

Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

I decided to do the last machine overnight, so started it and went to bed. This morning it was all done - very smooth. I looked at my data usage. For the first (old) machine it downloaded something over 2gb. Similar for the second on the VM. The third downloaded about 1.4gb. So maybe there was a bit of peer-to-peer, but not as much as I would have liked. The numbers are very approximate as Actrix doesn't present the data in a very helpful way.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Guess the only way to see if the peer to peer works locally is to disconnect the internet, then it will have to look on the LAN.

After a bit of looking, also found out if you forget ( or didn't want to) create a ISO from the UUP Download, you can still do it. ( obvious really when you think about it.)

The files are now in C:\windows.old\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Guess the only way to see if the peer to peer works locally is to disconnect the internet, then it will have to look on the LAN.
    I had set the option to only look at the local network. I suppose there is always going to be some external stuff - each of the PCs had different hardware etc. It was interesting that the VM and the third PC (both the same base hardware) downloaded about the same amount. Interestingly the third PC hung for a long time on "downloading 99%" whereas the older PC had hung at "initializing 0%".

After a bit of looking, also found out if you forget ( or didn't want to) create a ISO from the UUP Download, you can still do it. ( obvious really when you think about it.)

The files are now in C:\windows.old\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads
    I'll do that next time - I just wanted to see what would happen this time around.

I never liked Windows 8. So, is this this Window 10 way better?

Windows 8 was awful. Windows 8.1 was a bit better, Windows 10 is pretty good.

Windows 10 is more like W7 with a bit of W8.1 thrown in.

The biggest visible change in W10 compared to W7 is the start menu and some icons look different, even then it doesn't take more than a few minutes to get used to it.

With proper instructions, and shown how to do a few things, everyone I've set up for W10 hasn't complained.

I've had people in their 70+ Years go from XP to W10, and after 15 -30 minutes saying whats all the fuss about ?

Mind you some people get all upset if a Icon changes.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

15046 downloading now - currently stuck at 95% downloaded after going v smoothly up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    15046 downloading now - currently stuck at 95% downloaded after going v smoothly up to that point.
    Sweet, I'll set mine going tomorrow, only just got back from a job (8.15pm) everything's turned off and put to bed.

Reading on the insider Forum, looks like the New Inbuilt Windows Defender is slowing things down, new version as well apparently ?

I've got two updated now - old PC and the VM. Both went smoothly enough, but it looks like it did the full download for both PCs 1.2gb for the old machine and 2.1 for the VM. I haven't looked on the forums, but the insider hub hasn't shown anything for the new build yet.

One of the people who I'm sure sit there watching for new builds - posted on the insider Forum - the changes from the blog: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/02/28/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15046

In build 15042 they got working the disable flash content automatically, and a notification advises, actually saw it in action today when on this forum.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 01-03-2017 at 08:24 PM.