Page 165 of 175 FirstFirst ... 158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1745

Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

Thanks Tony, best go fire the old thing up then Mind you did a fresh install on another PC the other week from a build, and that updates really quick, so may be a good time to test out the LAN update again.

Looks like this may be very close to the RTM -- The Version number has changed as well ( posted on insider forum) to 1703 ( 2017+3rd Month)

Still some known issues which could be a bit of a show-stopper if they affect you.
    That will always happen no matter what is put out. There is no way any Software upgrade, (OS or other programs) wont cause a problem with someone.

Classic example - was at a place yesterday sorting out a ipad and router problem when the person mentioned her daughters W7 was having massive problems after an Adobe Flash upgrade.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 11-03-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Well the first one went in with no problems, the other is in the process of installing, download was quicker so guess it was getting some from the other PC, I'll check the data later ( if I remember )

One thing I have found, on the PC that had a fresh install a few builds back The Watermark doesn't show, be interesting to see if it shows on the one currently going.

Build is 1703 (15055.0)
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

First two (old PC and VM) went in no problem, the third one (a multiboot on my main machine) struggled a bit. It stuck for a long time on 89% download, then finished and said it had errors. I tried again and it went through to "restart required" so I clicked restart and left it. When I came back I was at the desktop of my Main Win 10,i.e. not the insider build. WTF? So I rebooted again into the insider build, started the process again and this time it went through. I hope this isn't what I can expect when the Creator's update is unleashed on the world.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

I should also have said that I had the watermark disappear on all three installations a couple of builds ago, but it is now back on all three.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post

One thing I have found, on the PC that had a fresh install a few builds back The Watermark doesn't show, be interesting to see if it shows on the one currently going.

Build is 1703 (15055.0)
    Well second one went in fine as well.

But the confusion of it all The fresh install a while back, no watermark even with the new build , the original has it

both on 1703 (15055.0)

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    The fresh install a while back, no watermark even with the new build , the original has it

both on 1703 (15055.0)
    Weird.

Monday Laughs -- Some of the members in the insider forum don't mix words. I'm Suspecting this is the "polite version" -- Someone asked about removing antivirus software that wasn't compatible yet,(this often happens in these preview builds until manufactures catch up) but doesn't know what Antivirus they are using Yet wants a link to the manufactures removal tool ??

I'm going to say what {name removed} was being too polite to say: if you can't even figure out what 3rd party antivirus program you have installed, you REALLY shouldn't be running Insider builds.* The program is meant for people with good technical proficiency who really know their way around Windows.

That's clearly not you, so I strongly urge you that when the next public build comes out, stay with that and leave the Insider program.
    LOL

ROFL

Just thought lets go for a looksee whats happening on the insider forum today.

NEW build - 15058

Downloading now.

Ha! I was just about to post the same thing.