Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 179180181182183184185186
Results 1,851 to 1,859 of 1859

Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Well this is going to cause a few MORE moans LOL. MANY wanna-bees complain now because they don't really know what Beta builds are and moan when things go wrong

Working backwards, the releases basically go -- release to General Public --- Insider/Slow Ring --- Insider/Fast ring --- NOW they are introducing "Skip Ahead:" Which is basically the actual versions MS are working on before releasing to The insiders.

Once you select the option you cant go back 1 step to the fast ring until it has caught up with the latest public release. Unless you reinstall the OS.

Full story - opens in the feedback app: https://aka.ms/m2aq4i
    skip ahead means you move off of Fall Creators Update (RS3) and onto the v.next (RS4) builds

Quote Originally Posted by nmercer View Post
    skip ahead means you move off of Fall Creators Update (RS3) and onto the v.next (RS4) builds
    Yeahhhhhhh Like tony, think I'll "pass" on the Skip Ahead, from past experience the Fast Ring insider builds give enough problems Mainly with updating to a newer build, let alone "work in progress" before releasing to fast ring.

I bet there are some real doozies (OOPS, that didn't go as planned!) in the pre release builds

The build feed is a reasonable indicator as to where it is upto.

I do like the new addition of link your Phone (android & iphone) in this build 251.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 27-07-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

I have put all my PCs into the Slow Ring now until I read comments here.. :-)
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Yeahhhhhhh Like tony, think I'll "pass" on the Skip Ahead, from past experience the Fast Ring insider builds give enough problems Mainly with updating to a newer build, let alone "work in progress" before releasing to fast ring.
    I've actually put one of the insider builds onto "skip ahead" and immediately got a new build - 16251.1000 (rs-prerelease). Still downloading.

So how do I find out what is happening in the skip-ahead builds?
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I've actually put one of the insider builds onto "skip ahead" and immediately got a new build - 16251.1000 (rs-prerelease). Still downloading.

So how do I find out what is happening in the skip-ahead builds?
    When a new version comes out theres always a writeup in the https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...sxJ4657xaGY.97

Have no idea if there will be such a writeup for the skip ahead versions. Usually theres some sort of "Whats new" in Edge after its opened, but who knows ? Cant find anything relating to it.

Might Image the Drive and run then two from the Same hardware, one staying on normal insider fast other in skip ahead ( just to see).

Both current fast builds 251 installed fine, had a very quick look at the phone connection, but had to delay completing till later (work related tasks).
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Just had one of the Insider builds upgrade to 16257, still sitting on RS3, so maybe have to try the other insider to see if RS4 is out yet. ( Version RS3 is what's coming out shortly)

Did take quite a while to upgrade though -- Still NEEDS work in that department.
    They have altered Edge slightly, seems to work better now, previously it was a little "laggy" on the last build

New in Windows 10 build 16257
    We’re giving Microsoft Edge a refreshed and more modern look in the browser frame, inspired by the Fluent Design System. The use of Acrylic material provides depth and transparency to the tab bar and other controls, and we’ve improved button animations to feel more responsive and delightful.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 03-08-2017 at 06:19 PM.

The worse thing on Windows 10 is free upgrade if you have earlier version, many done but after some driver fault or virus windows 10 asked for them to enter the key again. most have to purchase a new key. I've seen a few had this problem. also beware of scammer who call with excuses that they are from ISP, I had a customer who SAM has been password protected by hackers. they usually ask to install a script like team-viewer.

My "normal" fast ring system is just downloading 16257.1 (rs3_release), and my "skip-ahead" system is downloading 16257.1000 (rs_prerelease). It will be interesting to see if there any discernible differences between them.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Quote Originally Posted by FarJ View Post
    The worse thing on Windows 10 is free upgrade if you have earlier version, many done but after some driver fault or virus windows 10 asked for them to enter the key again. most have to purchase a new key. I've seen a few had this problem. also beware of scammer who call with excuses that they are from ISP, I had a customer who SAM has been password protected by hackers. they usually ask to install a script like team-viewer.
    Two points here.

1. If a person goes and buys a new key then they are fools. If a tech ( and a real one not wanna-bee's or people who claim to know it all) cant figure out how to restore it then they shouldn't be doing the job. There's several ways.

Once W10 activates on a computer, no matter if it were from a fresh install or an upgrade the motherboard is registered with MS. NO NEED to ever buy a key for that computer again. Done countless reinstalls on previously upgraded PC's, never yet had to get a new key.

2. The SAM password protected -- phftttttt again if a real tech, its simple to bypass and gain access to the PC and remove. There are at least two easy ways to gain access if you know how, and a few others that take a bit more time.