Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wanderer

Default Skype unable to block user

Version 6.1.0.129 I have a spam user who sends me these messages probably automated now/then I can only remove the contact but keep getting the messages. Under the menu I am unable to block. It's greyed out. I have the newer Skype which combines Skype with MSN. This user is communicated via MSN. However when I fired up a older version of MSN Messenger their contacts isn't on that. So I cannot use that block either.

Any thoughts? :

Default Re: Skype unable to block user

Where you say its Greyed out, is it the messages or Contact greyed out.

If the person is not in your contact list - Have you tried going into the Tools/options/Privacy Settings and making sure only contacts are allowed - Also under Blocking If the persons Name is there - block, and Under IM settings - Only people in my contact list to send me instant messages.

Also check the person is Not in Outlook Contacts - Click Contacts - Untick "Show Outlook Contacts" if its ticked.
    MURPHIES LAW THOUGH ILLOGICAL as per NORMAL IS ACTUALLY THE MOST LOGICAL SOLUTION OF ALL.

New Forum

Wanderer

Weird email address - not in my Outlook.
    Going to that tools - privacy menu area it is set to only allow messages from those on my contact list.
    Grey - I mean that when you click onto the user and then conversation menu - block on the list is greyed out. It seems that you can only block Skype users.

I've now only managed to hide the conversation.

Old dick-head

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Grey - I mean that when you click onto the user and then conversation menu - block on the list is greyed out.
    If you right-click on the user - there should be a "delete" option that is not there via the "conversation" menu.

Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by decibel View Post
    If you right-click on the user - there should be a "delete" option that is not there via the "conversation" menu.
    Yes, tried that many times. Each time the user comes back online I can texted again and again ...

If you have removed the name from Skype, there must be somewhere else skype is in sync with that still has the name. I say this because if you only allow your contacts in skype then you shouldn't be receiving the messages.

Try to think of any other programs you may have that sync with skype. Eg: your email, social networks etc.
    MURPHIES LAW THOUGH ILLOGICAL as per NORMAL IS ACTUALLY THE MOST LOGICAL SOLUTION OF ALL.

New Forum

Wanderer

thanks ... that person isn't on my list at all. never added that person to my phone (nokia software), nor in my MSN or Yahoo apps, not social networking don't have those types... i think it is a bot sending messages cos when you online you get it instantly but if you reply they never reply. and when you go from away to online status. it is one of those virtual partner types ...
    Last edited by Nomad; 21-02-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Wanderer

Thanks, got a bit sick of it now. I had to email Skype support. I was unable to report the user b/c the block command is not visible. Will now run some malware/spyware checks.

A bit off topic. Under tools -> options under privacy, it seems I am unable to unblock MSN users I have noticed, will have to do that with a older version of MSN when I need to. Skype the new version is auto unable to block MSN users, only Skype users.

Not too sure if there is a direct correlation but since MS took over Skype I have had more than a few problems.