Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: UNRELIABLE MECHANICS

Looking at the time you posted the original post it was 1.39 PM, now the forum clock is actually a bit fast, so it would have roughly been 1.25pm.

Now the appointment was at 1.00pm. Bit of simple maths:

So that gives 25 minutes to ring up the motor place, ask where they are, get all upset, log into PF1, make a new Account and post a strongly worded complaint against the place.
    Obviously you must have been watching the clock and decided to complain the moment it turned 1.00 pm and they were not there yet.

Hmmmmmmmmm Maybe if you went off at them like you are doing here, then its no wonder they said they weren't coming -- Ever thought they could be running late, and you going off your nut they more than likely said stuff it.

Edited: just thought I'd look them up and see what the site really says -- Bit strange cant actually find any business with that exact name, only a general cateorgy.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 28-01-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    MURPHIES LAW THOUGH ILLOGICAL as per NORMAL IS ACTUALLY THE MOST LOGICAL SOLUTION OF ALL.

New Forum

Yes there is quite a listing for Auckland Mobile Auto electricians, so which one was it again ?
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, GTX 560 TI 1GB DDR5 graphics card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2233WM LCD 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD

Firstly the name of co. is http://www.aucklandmobilemechanics.co.nz/ tele. 0508247273.( Copyright 2013 - Auckland Mobile Mechanics. All Rights Reserved.Website By: Lovegrove Design)
    Secondly I did not have a chance of "going off" at them bec they put the phone down on me.
    Thirdly When they did not turn up at 1.15 p.m. I phoned the lady & she said they were not coming as they were totally full up. She could have had the courtesy to call back & say they would not be able to make it so I could call somebody else.
    Fourthly please read my post properly before you go off at me.
    Fifthly seems like some of you can't accept facts --- everytime you say something I write back with a valid response.
    Sixthly I maintain my dignity, people on this site have said I'm bitchy, & passed sarcastic comments.

Human nature I guess.....
    Last edited by Delna; 28-01-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Sorry to say but the picture painted, especially posting in Caps, which is considered SHOUTING often leads people to believe someone who moans or gets over emotional about something. 1 post a mistake maybe, but continuous posts -- doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out or guess how the conversation went on the phone.

Yes they advertise 24/7 but if they have appointments full then there's not a lot they can do. Its possible the original person spoken to thought they may be able to get to you today at around 1.00pm.

Maybe they were busy and had not had the time to get back yet - It was mentioned roughly 1.00pm, so 15 minutes out is still well within the "roughly" time frame.

Try waiting for some ISP's Telstra, Xtra etc to call around they give a 4 hour window as to when they will be there.

But there's one thing that stands out a mile, it was mentioned the phone call was made at 1.15, so that still only gives 10 minutes to make a new account and write a strongly worded post relating to one Mobile Mechanic company on a computer forum ? Why not a Auto Forum ?

Theres more to it than what's being told, esp the exact wording and tone of the conversation.

Theres a saying in business-- some people you just don't want to deal with, let them go someplace else, its not worth the hassle.

If someone rings up and starts going off, I wouldn't be surprised they hung up, I would to.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 28-01-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    MURPHIES LAW THOUGH ILLOGICAL as per NORMAL IS ACTUALLY THE MOST LOGICAL SOLUTION OF ALL.

New Forum

Wanderer

At 1PM was it ... could you not go thru the yellow pages if it was that important.

Our story:
    The Wednesday before Christmas we tried to fix a blown bulb, turned out all our red lights went kapuf. Thursday took to mechanic got charged some money, came back same issue. Friday took it back, cannot fix it. We just went to a couple of auto electricians b/c the one that was suggested was full. Found one, fix it. But noticed only one light was working. After a week (over Xmas/NYR), we went back and got it finally sorted.

I would have manually locked the car and booked it in to be repaired on a non public holiday as I can't afford the high costs charged on said holidays, also I would have googled the problem, the make and model of my car to see if I could work out what the problem was myself.

And no I'm not an engineer, electrician or a tech but an ex lowly builder but I would have still had a go rather than risk an expensive call out, after all it's not life threatening and could wait a day or so

mikebartnz

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Cov View Post
    Yep, the owner has blown a fuse, as has the car.

It's a very low priority job on a public holiday. Get real. The car likely still goes.

As this thread is overly critical and attempts to assassinate a valid business on fairly feeble grounds of complaint I'd have to move that this thread gets deleted. It's not like the car was worked on and returned unsafe, or that there's a flood of other dissatisfied customers, it's just one person who doesn't see reason when a serviceman is busy / prioritising his work.
    +1
    Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working when you open Windows.

Car probably had Nortons installed.
    When cleaning computer,
    Caution not to water the electric part
    Or the computations will be meaningless.

No, no, no R2....definitely Lucas locks

Ken
    Related to the Queen - by Corgi

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    No, no, no R2....definitely Lucas locks

Ken
    Locks were lucas, the central locking mechanism was kenwood
    The Master Of Deception

>~~ i7 Sandy Bridge 2630QM 2.0GHz ~~ 4GB RAM ~~ATI 6770M 1Gb~~ 640gb Pri HDD 1tb Secnd~~<