Banned

Default System Security Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the internet.

Hi,

I constantly get this message "System Security Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the internet. Internet Explorer is infected with worm". I don't think it is a real security message, but I can't get rid of it. Can someone please tell me how to stop it?

Default Re: System Security Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the internet.

Well done diagnosing the message as part of the malware!

Firstly uninstall all 'toolbars'. They're bollox and often come with malware.

Download, update and run Spybot, Malwarebytes, Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, MS Security Essentials, all of which are free.

Malwarebytes gives a very lengthy summary which you'll need to copy and paste into another message here in order to get further advice on which bits can be removed.

Default Re: System Security Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the internet.

Yes, you are right, it is not a legit message. Sounds like malware, so run the usual antivirus programs. The ones Paul.Cov suggested are all good ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcuser42 View Post
    38.7% of stasistics are made up on the spot, and 56.3% have a decimal point added to make them more believeable.

Restart computer in safemode with networking, download rkill.exe - run it, download malwarebytes & update then run full scan. Should be fixed then