Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Microsoft reveal final Windows 8 Name and number of editions (FIVE)

Windows 8 local Language edition will be similar to the current Windows 7 Home Basic , not available in shops, but from PC manufacturers that supply to developing countries. I tried it "once" enough said lol
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

mikebartnz

Quote Originally Posted by Gobe1 View Post
    Whaaaaaaatt Mike? You mean like Linux??
    With the add-ons, yes.
    Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working when you open Windows.

I have often asked if the technicians on here think that Windows 7 has been a success in the business world.
    I know that many buisness's did not upgrade from XP to Vista
    Did they upgrade to server versions of 7 ?
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

Dont think a server version of win7 existed

Servers are completely different to desktop OS's, there was a server Small business 2011 along with several other server types in the same time period - ( 2010) what type of server was required ?
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Will I be able to completely remove the metro interface and have my good old start menu back? and does anyone know how much it's gonna cost?
    An opiniated, but well meaning member

PC: Intel® Core™ i5-650 3.20 GHz | Intel® Desktop Board DQ57TM | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
    Dont think a server version of win7 existed
    Windows Server 2008 R2 is Windows 7's server counterpart.
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by goodiesguy View Post
    Will I be able to completely remove the metro interface and have my good old start menu back? and does anyone know how much it's gonna cost?
    Have to wait and see, the RC version is not out yet so anyone who says yes and gives a price is kidding themselves as MS have not even said yet officially.

The rumors are, RC in May/June with RTM in October, generally the RC version is very close to the finished product, its not very often they make big changes after that unless a huge flaw/bug someplace is found.

Have a read of THIS
    Last edited by wainuitech; 18-04-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goodiesguy View Post
    There is some software called classic Shell that has been released for Win 8cp

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

Gives you the "start" back and a configurable start menu,though I don't use Win 8cp exclusively I find you don't have to go near the Metro interface

Think of Win 8 with Classic Shell as a slightly diff Win 7

Does 8 do anything new for desktop users ?

I really liked all the new features 7 had, especially the breadcrumbs trail and the ability to snap windows to the left or right.
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?