Default How to make a bundle of files a complete package.

I want to make a heap of (information, catalogues, patterns) files .docs, pdf, epub, etc into a package that people pay to download.

I would probably have to make it so it could be read on different OS esp ipad and android as well as a desktop pc.

Could anyone advise me on any programs that might make this job easier.

If anyone has done this already i would really welcome their advise.

I am not sure where to start at all. I am definitely a beginner but am able to learn stuff as i go.

Thanks
    Let it be

Default Re: How to make a bundle of files a complete package.

Is zipping it and password protecting it not an option?
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

not if you want to put it on an fruitpad i wouldnt think
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    I want to make a package that people pay to download.

Good Luck on getting people to pay.
    If the usual zip (and variants) is not an option then learn to package it and make it a self-extracting .exe.
    wipe your paws.

pcsourcepoint

If it's just files, you could use a third party, to package and sell for you, for a small fee. 1000's do this, notably with Click Bank, Commission Junction, Affiliate bot, and many others. The advantage there are potentially 1000's of affiliates who can sell for you. Not sure what programs they use for its publishers/sellers for combining files. Or go alone and package into a e-book (pdf/zip program), but ideally need a blog/web site to sell from or a ad network (e.g. Google Adwords), but involves extensive promotion, SEO, SEM, outreach, etc.
    Last edited by kahawai chaser; 21-09-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)

Thanks for ideas... i will be putting it on a local site that has 1million hits a month. i was wanting to package it better than just a zipped file(at least looking prettier) but yes thanks kahawai chaser i think an ebook would be fine and i can then convert it to whatever. could probably even convert it to something readable on the old fruit pad.
    Let it be

You may have to consider making them all PDF format as well to get some assurance of cross-platform compatibility.

pcsourcepoint

If you are going the e-book route, then you may (or should) want to learn about a squeeze page to connect to your e-book, and to get opt ins (subscribers), and learn call to action, landing page optimization, a/b split testing, to try get targeted visitors, or if you get low conversions - regardless of the volumes of traffic that visit. Also need a good auto responder (aweber is the best) Most of my affiliate sales are from my blogs and sites with the least web traffic (< 200 daily hits)- since I have optimized them with numerous split testing, call to action tests, LPO's, images, videos, content rework, etc. Their are numerous guides (some not so good) online for e-book strategies, but often requires signing up.

As for mobile platforms, in some cases need to research that area, as now getting more searchers using them for products and services. Some ideas here, against desktop. Seems merchants/marketers are just learning/applying in that arena.
    Last edited by kahawai chaser; 21-09-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: more info
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)

MMMmmm obviously i have a lot to learn.. will look into it. thanks..
    Let it be

pcsourcepoint

It might help if you follow/subscribe to those that have sold e-books (for a living) to get ideas. For example smart passive income, steve scott com and Joel Comm (of former Yahoo Games). Also NZ's Liz, who has just returned to NZ. All are successful online. The thing is need to have a web presence, trust (with profile), and branding.