Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Margaret Mutu and White supremacist

Is anyone brave enough to condemn Professor Margaret Mutu and the University of Auckland?
    While academics are supposed to question and explore societies different beliefs,
    her comments that

“White immigration to New Zealand should be restricted because it poses a threat to race relations due to immigrants “white supremacist” attitudes.”.

It is hard to believe that The Auckland University has not censured her for her comments, that from my perspective are extremely bigoted and biased.
    I have no doubt that there are some with racist views in our communities, but why is it that someone from a perceived minority group, is able to espouse their bigoted view with impunity.
    So much for equality!

HH
    Nothing shows a man’s character more than what he laughs at.

Default Re: Margaret Mutu and White supremacist

I just find her justification of how she 'can't be a racist' hilarious. How in hell she became an academic with that logic is beyond me. Should tell her that she's an idiot if I ever see her walking around on campus.
    Meh....

Old guy

You have to be white to be a racist and male to be a sexist. I thought everyone knew that!

I consider her views and her justification to be shameful.

Not just because she holds them but because they are held by and promoted by a sector of our population, and the current climate allows that to happen and by doing so gives it credence.

Sure she should be allowed voice an opinion, even one as nasty as this but she should also face the consequences of her bigotry, Her career should be finished and she should be shunned.

Horrible horrible woman, and I'm not just saying that cause she is black.
    better Dredd then dead

even the maoris think she's racist.

on the basis of what she said, we should ban all pacific islanders from entering the country as the pump out kids and put a drain on our welfare system.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Harry View Post
    Is anyone brave enough to condemn Professor Margaret Mutu and the University of Auckland?
    While academics are . . . . . . able to espouse their bigoted view with impunity.
    So much for equality!

HH
    "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

I'm not suggesting that she is a pig, the SPCA would rightly object.

If her remarks were to be made by an intelligent person they would be despicable, even when made by her they are mildly off-key

I enjoy putting ellipsis where it amuses me, but doing the same with selected academics would rack up a lot of carbon demerits.
    When cleaning computer,
    Caution not to water the electric part
    Or the computations will be meaningless.

The students should make a stand and boycot the university until such time as the university boots her out. If she is teaching that sort of crap to the younger generation, no wonder there is so much resentment building between Maori and European New Zealanders because they are taking her words as factual. I very much doubt Asians, Middle Eastern, Americans etc really give a damn about the Maori race any more than White South Africans or White European people. It seems clear to me Maori are forgetting who they really are, they all have some European in them, yet they only seem to think they are Maori. I wonder if the Govt started giving hand outs to Europeans if there would be so many so called "Maori" around.

From a similar thread in Google +

From the look of her skin.. I'd suggest that my 2 kids have about as much Maori in them as she does...or more..
    You see.. their great grandmother on their mums side was a full Maori.. which makes my kids .. thinks about this.. does a bit of maths.. does that adding trick with the fingers... comes to a decision... yes.. my kids are

White
    (+Stephen Lord - a kiwi living in Aussie)

[APPLAUSE]

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

I think it is disgusting that a women with such views is allowed to lecture at a university.

The fact that her mother is/was a European probably makes her less than half Maori as her Maori father "probably" had some European in him.

I think someone should come out and say we need more white immigration to bring money and jobs here and less Islander immigrants who just bring violence and beneficiary candidates.

Maori were a stone age race until the white man arrived. They didn't even have the wheel. Yet Boudica rode on a chariot into battle in the 1st century AD

I am not saying this in a racist way, just pointing out her 50% or more blood comes from rich and old culture. She should take that into consideration when talking.

Ken
    Last edited by kenj; 08-09-2011 at 10:20 AM.
    Related to the Queen - by Corgi