I have been wanting to add a favicon to one of my Chrome shortcuts for a website that doesn's have its own favicon. I found the following set of instructions on the internet but it doesn't want to work for me. Is there an easier way or can someone see a mistake in the instructions?:
1) In Chrome, go to the website that has the icon you want.
2) Close Chrome completely (or you won't be able to continue)
3) Use SQLite ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/ ) to open the "History" file located at C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome \User Data\Default (where YOUR_USERNAME is obviously your username) if you have Windows 7 (or Vista)
4) Click on the Browse Data tab and choose "urls" from the table dropdown.
5) Click the magnifying glass icon to search (choose "url" in the dropdown and "contains" in the second dropdown and search for your website you want the icon from)
6) Double-click the line from the search results you want and it will find and highlight the line in the urls table.
7) Scroll over to the "favicon id" column and remember or write down the number in the box for that row.
9) After finding it, scroll over to the "favicon id" and double click it to edit it. Replace the number there with the one you wrote down earlier in step 7
10) Apply changes and then Save and close.