Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default My computer wont let me do anything?

I think that i got a virus but my virus protector isnt saying anything. But my computer keeps popping up its own internet explorer pages and they are very inapporopriate sites and then i close out and something pops up on the side saying its infected but it asks me to buy something and i close out of that. I have tried doing a system restore, but it will not let me. It also wont let me open my internet explorer on my own or microsoft word or ccleaner or anything. I just dont know what to do. Please help me

Default Re: My computer wont let me do anything?

what AV do you have installed?
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

norton it comes with my internet because i cant afford any other one.... norton found a bunch of tracking cookies and removed it but its saying that i dont have a threat

Uninstall Nortons, then install something better and free. Boot into safe mode / networking (Press / hold F8 down after you reboot).

Then get hijackthis 2.04 Install it / run it. Click on scan the system and save a log. Copy and paste the log in here

Install Microsoft's one after we remove, whatever you've got
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 06-02-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Boot into Safe Mode > F8 on startup

Step 1 Uninstall Norton’s using Norton’s Uninstall first then download and use the Norton’s Removal Tool from here http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...834EN&ln=en_US Please note there are different tools for different versions of Norton’s.

Step 2 Download Microsoft Security Essentials from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...2-33d813687a7f Install > Update but don’t do a scan yet.

Step 2 Download CCleaner from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner Install and update > Analyse and Run Cleaner to get rid of temporary internet files and other rubbish.

Step 3 Run full scan with Microsoft Security Essentials …. Can take an hour or so depending on how much you have on your computer and computer speed.

Step 4 Download Malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org/ … > Update > Full Scan > Fix any issues

Step 5 Download Spybot Search & Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html …> Update > Full Scan > Fix any issues > Immunise

Step 6 Open CCleaner again and Left click Registry > Analyse > Fix any issues but keep a backup when prompted

Step 7 Reboot computer. It’s possible one or more of the above programs have asked you to reboot, do so when requested, however, do it again!

i cant uninstall or install anything. anytime i try to open anything a tan box pops up and says im infected and shuts out of anything i tried opening. just to get into system restore i have to restart my computer and then as fast as i can get into my control panal and hit system restore otherwise if i dont do it fast enough it closes out of system restore as soon as i click it.

Follow post 4. Boot into safe mode / networking

i shall go try to get into safe mode. Thank you much for all the help if you think of anything else please let me know. You guys helped me fix my last computer and i have faith that you guys can help me with this one.

safe mode / networking. You wont get on the internet in safe mode

As said before, press function key F8 (at the top of the keyboard) while rebooting/restarting the computer to get into your operating systems Safe Mode, you should then be able to do any procedures you need to.
    It sounds like you have been infected by a rogue antivirus program; whatever you do, dont pay their extortion/ransom fee.

Come back to us when you've got into safe mode (with networking )
    Last edited by feersumendjinn; 06-02-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    "...anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation
    of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
    - Ernest Rutherford (1871-1937)

--------------------------

Heck is a place for people who don't believe in gosh.