Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VC

Default TP Link 200Mbps Powerline Ethernet Adapter Issue

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a TP-Link Powerline Ethernet Adapter from PB Technologies on Queen St, Auckland.

The issue I'm having is that the adapter is not recognising the powerline (LED Light isn't lighting "green" when I've connected the adapter to the router.

I contacted TP-Link support (NZ number) but apparently, the number is dialled got redirected to another country and the engineer didn't have a clue on what I was talking about.

Could someone please help me out with this?

Default Re: TP Link 200Mbps Powerline Ethernet Adapter Issue

Did you install the utility? It looks like it comes with one
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 23-10-2010 at 08:28 AM.

VC

I thought those things plugged into the back of a case? Did you install the utility? It looks like it comes with one
    Well basically, both adapters have to be plugged to a wallsocket (which I have done). One adapter is connected to the computer via ethernet cable and the other adapter is connected to the router via ethernet cable.

I did install the utility but without the powerline being recognised by the adapter, the utility isn't much help.

Is it possible your two endpoints arn't on a common circuit. Our house has three different power circuits. I guess they do that to avoid overloading. Try connecting to a different socket to check.

VC

Is it possible your two endpoints arn't on a common circuit.
    It could be. I've tried a couple of different sockets but haven't had any success.

The reason I want to use a wired connection is that wireless has become an issue for my work & gaming.
    Using wireless on the XBOX/PC has been an issue which disadvantage me from other people using a stable, wired connection.

So, the guys at PB Tech recommended I purchase a Ethernet Powerline Adapter which doesn't require so many wires. But setting it up has been frustrating.

If this won't work, what other alternatives do I have to setting up a wired connection upstairs?

Moving the router to my room hasn't worked as I'm not receiving any internet access.

Is there a on-site company in Auckland which deals with installing home networks. Any company you recommend?

Just visiting this planet SoniKalien's Avatar

Take it back and buy a lan cable instead...?
    DefCom - NZ Deaf Community
    SoniKalien Creative (and destructive)

VC

Take it back and buy a lan cable instead...?
    I have tried that but on my computer (Windows 7), I get this message on the network settings, "No internet access" if I connect the router in my room.

Quote Originally Posted by vims213 View Post
    It could be. I've tried a couple of different sockets but haven't had any success.
    Have you tried linking them with both units plugged into the same power socket? That would at least rule out the device setup as being at fault - this setup takes your home wiring out of the equation.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

VC

Have you tried linking them with both units plugged into the same power socket? That would at least rule out the device setup as being at fault - this setup takes your home wiring out of the equation.
    Just tried that but still, the powerline LED is off.

Does this mean I can't get a wired connection in my room?

A few months ago, I did have two networks, my father was on Vodafone broadband downstairs whilst I was using Telecom (When Big Time Plan was around) in my room upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by vims213 View Post
    Just tried that but still, the powerline LED is off.
    If you've tried that with no luck, then either you've set them up wrong, or one (or possibly both if Murphy is involved) of the devices is faulty.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.