Hi all, this is a problem that has been ongoing for a couple of days now and we can't find a solution (neither can our external paid support company).
We have an exchange server which handles all our emails. And since a couple of days ago, one of our offices can't receive emails some of the time. They can send mail fine all the time, but not receive sometimes (couple of hours with no emails, then a flood for a couple of hours, then back to being broken, but it happens randomly).
These errors appear on the machines that are having the issues in the event viewer.
The remote machines are connected to our main office network via an encrypted IP sec tunnel (router to router), and we have confirmed with the ISP that there is no connection issue between us and them. We have restarted all network equipment just to be sure.Code:Userenv - event ID 1054 - Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. LSASRV - Event ID 40961 - The security system could not establish a secure connection. No authentication protocol was available.
We have run scans with our AV (CA etrust) and it has picked up nothing. So it's unlikely an infection of any kind.
Dell Poweredge 2950
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
Exchange Server 2007 (Version: 08.03.0083.000)
Self built hardware
Windows XP Professional SP3
I don't want to include loads of information as I don't really know what is relevant, so if you want to know anything else, let me know and I will reply with it ASAP.
Thanks for reading, hopefully someone can help.