Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Noel Leemings price warning

Just a word of warning to anyone purchasing items from Noel Leemings.

Check their site first, Items seem to be frequently listed as lower online then the in store sticker price. And it looks deliberate to me.

This is the third time I've done a bit of research, found the item I'm after an a reasonable price at Noel Leemings, Only to find its got a higher sticker price.

Granted in each case I've told them what its listed at on their site and asked them to confirm the price, and in each case I've got the item at the lower price.

However, all three times the items have been stacked in a very prominent place in the shop (directly in front of the door so you have to walk past them, indicating its a current promoted product), and have hard a large and prominent price on them. The wrong price of course.

Looks fishy to me. To many times for it to be a mistake.

The speakers I bought today were listed as $89 online, $129 in store.

In a 1920s time warp Terry Porritt's Avatar

Default Re: Noel Leemings price warning

Right, it happened in a way to me too.

We were after a new washing machine a few months ago, noted that the price on the Noel Leeming site, was about $100 lower than other places.
    Quoted that price to the local 100% store and they matched it.

Later when I actually went into Leemings, the price was higher, same as 100% store original price.

Quote Originally Posted by Metla View Post
    Just a word of warning to anyone purchasing items from Noel Leemings.

Check their site first, Items seem to be frequently listed as lower online then the in store sticker price. And it looks deliberate to me.

This is the third time I've done a bit of research, found the item I'm after an a reasonable price at Noel Leemings, Only to find its got a higher sticker price.

Granted in each case I've told them what its listed at on their site and asked them to confirm the price, and in each case I've got the item at the lower price.

However, all three times the items have been stacked in a very prominent place in the shop (directly in front of the door so you have to walk past them, indicating its a current promoted product), and have hard a large and prominent price on them. The wrong price of course.

Looks fishy to me. To many times for it to be a mistake.

The speakers I bought today were listed as $89 online, $129 in store.
    It's not only Noel Lemming. It is happening everywhere, and I think retailers are being far too laid back on these pricing inconsistencies.

Noticed it with Dick Smith as well.

Set up a compaq notebook (purchased from noel leemings) for a person today, they got a RAM upgrade from nl with the notebook, 2GB DDR2-800 SODIMM, CL5. Completley standard piece of RAM, $159!

I was all like, you could have got 4 guga bytes for that price if you bought ut from us, and she was all like, aw shut, guess ut's a but late now.
    Last edited by wratterus; 30-11-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

Better for the consumer if the online price is lower and they are forced to drop the store price.
    MURPHIES LAW THOUGH ILLOGICAL as per NORMAL IS ACTUALLY THE MOST LOGICAL SOLUTION OF ALL.

New Forum

Quote Originally Posted by wratterus View Post
    Set up a compaq notebook (purchased from noel leemings) for a person today, they got a RAM upgrade, 2GB DDR2-800 SODIMM, CL5. Completley standard piece of RAM, $159!
    Thats nothing - I went to brothers web site the other day to look at printer RAM for a customer, talk about OVER PRICED - bloody almost had kittens You're Sh1tting me Checked the other sizes as well - Just as bad.
    MURPHIES LAW THOUGH ILLOGICAL as per NORMAL IS ACTUALLY THE MOST LOGICAL SOLUTION OF ALL.

New Forum

**** me! 900% markup at least on that.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

Dick Smith are legends

I found an item on their site I wanted, (a RAID card) It listed my local has having two in stock, I shoot into town, Tell numbnuts #1 what Im after, Numbnuts #2 who knows everything interjected, Sorry, Can't help you, we don't stock them.

HA, and there is the flaw in an arrogant twat thinking he knows thousands of items of stock.

Anyway, I tell them yes you do (he's shaking his head) I tell him to butt out and tell Numbnuts #1 the stock number, He looks it up, 2 on the shelf.

Numbnuts #2 is now saying the computer must have it wrong, they don't stock them.

I watch as Numbnuts #1 goes over to the shelf, Looks it over,disapears out the back,comes out again, Looks at the shelf again, comes back to the counter, Stands beside numbnuts #2, Both now smug, Nope, we don't stock them.Computer has it wrong.

Righto, I walk the 20 feet to the shelf, Immediately see the item, Take it back to the counter. Now Im ****ed off, All I was trying to do was avoid walking every aslie looking for the damn thing.

Anyhow, Numbnuts #2 now proceeds to tell me its my fault he didn't see it as I had given him the wrong stock code, The stock code which just happened to be written very large on the back of my hand with black vivid, and that he had used to look up the item in the first place.

At this point I swallowed my rage as I was about to pop like a mother****er.....And that always ends badly, I have already been asked not to return to DSE a number of years ago.

It's always funnier when they have a computer set up publicly with their website loaded on it in their stores and you just use that to prove them wrong.