Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to keep objectionable messages off this web site, it is impossible for us to review all messages and entries. Any private messages and emails sent to staff and moderators may be shared with other staff members and moderators. All messages express the views of the author, and Fairfax Business Media will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
Fairfax Business Media has the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason and without notice or explanation. Fairfax Business Media reserves the right to ban or remove any member for any reason and without notice or explanation.
By registering as a user you agree to abide by the following rules:
1) Keep it friendly: If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. If you feel a thread or post is offensive do not respond in kind. Use the Report this post link to alert a moderator. Personal attacks on members, moderators or staff will not be tolerated and may result in immediate cancelling of forum membership.
2) No offensive language or user names (phonetic spellings included). Pressf1 is an all-ages forum and messages should be composed with this in mind.
3) Off Topic Discussions: Please post topics in the appropriate forum. PressF1 is the tech help forum. Post your PC problems here. It is also a good place for general technical discussions. PC World Chat is the off topic discussion forum. This is the place for general discussions and off-topic discussions.
4) Subject Matter: Asking for, or giving advice on how to pirate software will not be tolerated. This includes posting links to sites where Warez, no-CD hacks, keygens etc can be found. And yes, this also covers advice on how to illegally gain access to a commercial service, such as Sky TV.
5) Malicious Links: Do not post links to offensive imagery, or malicious code, or sites that contain either of these things. Do not create a link that purports to link to something helpful, when it does not. Attempting to fool other users into clicking on a link they will likely find offensive - such as a link that will log them out of PressF1 - may result in in immediate cancelling of forum membership.
6) Put an active email address in your user profile: PressF1 user profiles are used for NO other function than managing PressF1. Your email address will not be included in any mail list other than administrative emails relating to the forums. Your email address will not be given to a third party. By putting a correct email address in your profile you can be contacted privately by the moderators. It is also necessary if you want thread alerts to work.
7) No commercial posting, spamming, or otherwise using the forum to promote products and services purely for your own gain. This doesn't stop you recommending products and services to other users, nor does it stop a vendor discussing their products in relation to a post. But users who post purely to promote their business/website may find their threads deleted along with their user ID.
By clicking the I Agree button you indicate your acceptance of the above rules.