PDA

View Full Version : Disable windows logon

justinitpractice
18-01-2008, 02:21 PM
when i start up windows xp home it comes up with the welcome screen then i click on my user and im into windows xp.. how do i make it so that it skips the welcome / user login screen every time i start windows?

wratterus
18-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Go into the control panel, and look for an asp.net machine account. If theres one in there, delete it.

Are you the only user on the PC, eg it's only your user accout that shows up on the logon screen?

If theres more than one user on the logon screen, you will need to remove that user, or set an auto logon, with tweakui (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx) or similar.

ArcticSilver
18-01-2008, 02:49 PM
when i start up windows xp home it comes up with the welcome screen then i click on my user and im into windows xp.. how do i make it so that it skips the welcome / user login screen every time i start windows?

Easy

Start > Run > Control userpasswords 2 (followed by ok) > remove the tick on "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" apply and your sorted =)

I typed that from memory so it may not be the exact same wording on the check box.