PDA

View Full Version : Super Gold Card - GOOD NEWS

Thomas01
05-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Yes I have at last found a use for my SUPER GOLD CARD.
Nice to be appreciated in our last years. Of course my aged relatives in the UK get all sorts of free health care with theirs and also from next April free travel anywhere in the UK. They have to put up with only free travel locally till then.

But at last I have found a use for the NZ Gold card. I bought some arts supplies and was told I got discount if I had the Super Gold Card. Which I produced with a happy flourish.
Of course as I was going to the tech for an arts course I was also entitled to the same discount as a student. But even if I didn't have either a gold card or students card all I had to do was fill in their application card for their own card giving everybody the right to the same discount.
Guess what! I feel as though I am being done over yet again.
Has anybody found any advantage yet, justifying the government spending millions on this device

Tom

Speedy Gonzales
05-11-2007, 09:43 AM
I saw on the buses, (Stagecoach) the other week, up here in Auckland, you'll also get 40% off for bus fares as well. If you show the driver this card.

My flatmate got a list of whats discounted a while ago, in the mail, but it was really bugger all.

As most of the shops etc werent even in Auckland. Most were in CHCH, and somewhere else.

R2x1
05-11-2007, 10:24 AM
It saves me at least $12 a week on public transport. (I don't go far.) Add that to the lack of parking hassles as well as not having to drive in Auckland traffic and it is almost like Gold icing on my cake. :thumbs:

Laura
05-11-2007, 11:47 AM
It saves me at least $12 a week on public transport. (I don't go far.) Add that to the lack of parking hassles as well as not having to drive in Auckland traffic and it is almost like Gold icing on my cake. :thumbs:

But didn't that superannuitant travel discount exist already?

When I was last in Auckland (before the gold cards appeared), a friend bought a train concession ticket by showing her red superannuitant card, which I saw her use also at theatre box offices.

Dunedin buses have always given age concessions.

Scouse
05-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Of course my aged relatives in the UK get all sorts of free health care with theirs and also from next April free travel anywhere in the UK. The free rail travel not necessarily a bonus to all. A long time ago BritRail introduced a ten-shilling-go-anywhere-anytime for pensioners and my old mother (long since gone) terrorised my sisters in various parts of Britain by arriving without notice and carrying just a small overnight bag.

R2x1
05-11-2007, 01:25 PM
But didn't that superannuitant travel discount exist already?

When I was last in Auckland (before the gold cards appeared), a friend bought a train concession ticket by showing her red superannuitant card, which I saw her use also at theatre box offices.

Dunedin buses have always given age concessions.
I don't know, I saw the commercial for Gold Cards in the Bus, tried it and it worked. Better than Lotto tickets. I wonder if it would work for a "proof of age" card if I am asked in pubs? Now for a get out of jail free card :thumbs:.

Cicero
05-11-2007, 02:56 PM
What a jerk Winston is,go anywhere Australia, UK and they look after there old folks.
His card is a farce and no doubt he will want a pat on the back for the rubbish.

kenj
05-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't know, I saw the commercial for Gold Cards in the Bus, tried it and it worked. Better than Lotto tickets. I wonder if it would work for a "proof of age" card if I am asked in pubs? Now for a get out of jail free card :thumbs:.

Out of curiousity I passed my Super Goldcard over recently for proof of identity.

They laughed at me and more or less said "What's that?"

It must have some use!!

Ken ;)

Poppa John
05-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Gold Card + Orcon = Discounted phone line & broadband. $ 11 / month saved & increased usage to 5GB. Can't be bad. PJ

Laura
05-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Out of curiousity I passed my Super Goldcard over recently for proof of identity.

They laughed at me and more or less said "What's that?"

It must have some use!!

Ken ;)

Ah, but proof of identity's a different matter.

We're curious to know where it's proof of entitlement to a discount - a new saving that you wouldn't get without it, that is.

Cicero
05-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Gold Card + Orcon = Discounted phone line & broadband. $ 11 / month saved & increased usage to 5GB. Can't be bad. PJ

OK if you are an Orcon user,the point is,it wants to be universal to be really useful.

kenj
05-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Ah, but proof of identity's a different matter.

We're curious to know where it's proof of entitlement to a discount - a new saving that you wouldn't get without it, that is.

It will no doubt it will get better as time goes by....

Would be helpfull if the discounting participants had a decal on the door, similar to Visa or suchlike.

Brother in law got seniors discount by presenting it at The Sydney Zoo.

Ken

Poppa John
05-11-2007, 05:33 PM
OK if you are an Orcon user,the point is,it wants to be universal to be really useful.

I agree, but it can only get better. Give it a year & then evaluate. PJ

Cicero
05-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I agree, but it can only get better. Give it a year & then evaluate. PJ

You are right there PJ,it can only get better,one would not like it to it get worse.

I want rich folks like Terry subsidising us poor geriatrics.

R2x1
07-11-2007, 07:03 AM
Is the Gold card meant to be icing on the cake, or a staple diet?

Cicero
07-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Is the Gold card meant to be icing on the cake, or a staple diet?

One hates to repeat oneself,but do have a try at comedy one day.