PDA

View Full Version : USB2 port ..?? printers

hammer
08-12-2006, 08:36 AM
my pc keeps telling me to change the printer to usb2 port for it to work more quickly...

only thing is i only have two usb slots on the back of my pc and i have tried them both.....

the printer is working but i dont get it...there doesnt seem to be anywhere else to put it.... the front usb slots would be too inconvienient...

CYaBro
08-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Your PC doesn't have the newer USB2 ports, only USB1.
It doesn't matter because, as you say, the printer is still working.
It's just windows telling you that if you connected it to a USB2 port it will work faster.
A printer wouldn't make much difference anyway on USB2 unless you have a high speed laser printer.

hammer
08-12-2006, 09:04 AM
ahhhhh! ok that is cool.... but how do i stop windows telling me all the time.... i hate s....t like that popping up all the time....

oh THANKS for your info..... i really appreciate everyone on this site...

martnz
08-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi Guys,

One option is to live with the message (my choice!). Another is to look at this (but am not sure I like the idea of turning off all error messages!)...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835967

Regards, Martnz

AvonBill
08-12-2006, 10:27 AM
My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers > Select Properties of Universal Host Controllers > Advanced > Tick "Don't tell me about USB errors"

Do it for all USB Universal Host Controllers.
I've never had a problem with not seeing any usb error messages. If you ever need to do any debugging in the future you can always turn it on again temporarily.

hammer
08-12-2006, 11:34 AM
GREAT THANKS ...... avonbill.... works for me