PDA

View Full Version : TV Tuner

ruup
19-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi,is anyone out there in PC World using a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2MCE TV Tuner,?If so are they using it on Windows XP and what is the quality like?Thanks in advance.
ruup
:thumbs:

Billy T
19-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Well, for starters, the picture quality will be only as good as the signal input. So, provided it is hooked up to a proper outside aerial (indoors will pick up radiated noise from your comp) compare the image quality with that of your normal TV. It should look as good, if not better, given the smaller and higher-res screen.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Cicero
19-09-2006, 03:03 PM
I have a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150,so far having trouble tuning to a first class outdoor ariel.
So not a lot of help.

godfather
19-09-2006, 04:17 PM
I have a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150,so far having trouble tuning to a first class outdoor ariel.
So not a lot of help.

Tuning it to an antiquated motorcycle sitting outside, or the Ariel Atom car will be less than optimum Cicero.

But if you tried an Aerial, it may help?

I use older TV cards here, they work fine but the result is a bit lower in quality than a comparable size TV.

Cicero
19-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Tuning it to an antiquated motorcycle sitting outside, or the Ariel Atom car will be less than optimum Cicero.

But if you tried an Aerial, it may help?

I use older TV cards here, they work fine but the result is a bit lower in quality than a comparable size TV.
I had it attached to an ariel square four,will cetainly try aeriel to see if I get a better result.

godfather
19-09-2006, 07:05 PM
I had it attached to an ariel square four,will cetainly try aeriel to see if I get a better result.
I still forsee problems, as an aeriel is a type of elf. Just where will you plug the cable in?

I really think you should try an aerial, or better still an antenna designed for VHF bands I and II, plus UHF.

Cicero
20-09-2006, 10:57 AM
One has to be impressed by the number of meanings of the word ariel and its different spellings.
In my next life I will become a hair splitter and join a happy group.