PDA

View Full Version : Border missing on the right side

Ninjabear
25-04-2006, 01:55 AM
Hi There

I sucessfully made the document in landscape view and put a black border around the page but when the printer prints the sheet out.The border on the right hand side of the page is missing.The border only goes around 3/4 of the page.

I've been playing around with the right margin but I just can't seem to get the border on the right to appear.

Any ideas?

Thats the last thing I have to do.Please help

godfather
25-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Looking into my crystal ball suggests you are using Word? It really would help if you told us though.

Under Format - Borders and Shading- Page Border -select Options and then select "from text" in the drop down box.

Otherwise you are asking your printer to print in an area that it's not capable of doing.

Ninjabear
25-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I did that but the right side of the border still doesn't print.
Its a letter landscape format not A4.If I set it to A4 landscape it seems that there's a large amount of space on the right hand side of the paper and I am unable to move the column further to the right this means that there's a major gap on the right.

The Letter format is just right.Everything is well balanced except the border which is missing on the right.

With A4 page landscape format everything is shifted to the middle leaving a large gap on the right hand side of the page and I just can't seem to find a way so that the text goes all the way to the right hand side of the page.

ninja
25-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Margins are probably too big for the printer. A lot of inkjets can't print too close to the bottom of the page.

Scouse
25-04-2006, 04:25 PM
When you print a page which has a full border, the bottom edge of the border (or in your case the right end of the page) often fails to Print and if you choose to go ahead and Print you will probably see a warning message.
To solve this problem, click on Format > Borders and Shading and select the Page Border tab. Click on the Options button near the bottom right corner.
The Border and Shading Options window will open.
Under Margin, you can vary the width of the margins. Under Measure from: you can choose to measure from Text or Edge of Page.
Because virtually all printer models differ, it may be necessary for you to experiment with these adjustments to see which of them generate the right response from your printer.
The Measure from Edge of page option appears to have the least success in producing a bottom border, while selecting Text as suggested by godfather, combined with the smaller Text default Margin settings, has considerable success.
Note however that if your document contains a graphic which extends beyond the normal text boundaries (which you can do with graphics), the border which is now placed close to the text will pass through the extended graphic as it follows the text line. Note also that as you select File > Page Setup and the Landscape option, the settings for the margins at the top of that dialogue box automatically change.

Ninjabear
25-04-2006, 06:26 PM
I've tried setting the margin but still doesn't work

The margins left and right is 1pt which is the lowest. The lowest the PT is the closer the border will be to the text.

Take a look at it

http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=layout0za.png

You can clearly see that the right side of the border doesn't really match the border on the left.There's a large gap when compared to the left side.According to the margin measurement both sides measure is 1pt

Here's what it looks like in print preview

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/5857/printpreview7oc.png

Here's the measurement margin

http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/8587/margin4ks.png

I've also changed layout to A4 Landscape not Letter Landscape.

So..I have no idea what else to do..Im stuck at the last bit.The border!

ninja
25-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Margins are probably too big for the printer. A lot of inkjets can't print too close to the bottom of the page.
*cough*

And I'll have a Lemon Chicken, and an Egg Fried Rice.

Ninjabear
25-04-2006, 06:35 PM
*cough*

And I'll have a Lemon Chicken, and an Egg Fried Rice.

That will be $14.80NZ takeaway or eat here?

Lol...Anyway I won't take your order until you are able to solve my problem.lol

ninja
25-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Lol...Anyway I won't take your order until you are able to solve my problem.lolI suggest trying another printer. Preferably a laser which generally have a wider printing margin.

To prove the document works, get PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com I think) and print it to a PDF.

If the PDF displays correctly then you know it's a printer problem.

Scouse
25-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi again. About now I would usually just reduce the main document font size by one or two sizes and allow a bigger margin all round.

LucyL
25-04-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm assuming you are using Word. The problem you describe can be fixed by going to options in the border setup and choose "text" in the option "measure from".
It doesn't matter what size you set your text borders to if you leave the setting at the default of measuring from the edge of the page.
:2cents:
Cheers Lucy

quarry
25-04-2006, 10:31 PM

not so anymore. a lot of new printers now do borderless, incl the cheapest ones

Zippity
25-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Unless you are printing onto "Letter" sized paper and your printer is set accordingly, the RH margins will never print.

Letter and A4 are not compatible :(

Letter is an American default in Word and some other programmes. You must change it to A4.

Can you see the RH margin if you view in "Page View"??

Scouse
26-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Deleted.