PDA

View Full Version : Win Media Player

beetle
07-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Ok i keep coming back to this player cos i know how to work it.

But am stil having trouble copying from my CD's to a named file. (playlist)...........they get lost in the unknown land and takes forever to find and retreive, can i save these to a particular spot or a named file each time i do this?

These are self owned music cd's and i just want them on pc, for ease of listening.

But cannot get them to save anywahere in particular. howdo i do this? do i have to edit them completely before copy or what?

also can i cut out some of the unwanted list options on the drop menu? as such take off radio and stuff? too much clutter...and i dont use them.

beetle :rolleyes:

maverickoc
07-04-2006, 11:49 AM
are your songs copy ing into the my music folder?

SurferJoe46
07-04-2006, 12:25 PM
I never allow WMP to use the default to save MP3's...I set a different default that I call "MP3"s HERE" on a different drive (you might want to use a partition if you have only one drive).

Using a special folder allows me to rapidly find where they went and to edit the list as I see fit.

If you're using XP, goto>>WMP>>TOOLS>>OPTIONS>>RIP (tab), CLICK ON CHANGE, and click the area or drive/partition you want and generate a new folder, naming it whatever you want....