PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 7800GT stops boot

flashkiwi
23-11-2005, 09:07 PM
I am trying to install a Gigabyte 7800GT PCIe video card into my PC. When I go to boot it blue screens with a STOP 0x0000007B error. According to Microsoft this a boot error.....Using F8 i have tried all the different options. In safe mode it stopped at d347bus.sys, so followed instructions and removed Virtual Dameon. Now it stops loading at mup.sys.

When I remove the card it boots normally. I belive that the motherboard senses the new graphics card and turns off the onboard VGA. There is no bios setting for this.

Any ideas on fixing this?

Computer Specs

Albatron PX915P MB
P4 3.0 HT
Win XP SP2
2 x 250gb IDE (Raid 0)
On board VGA
2gb ram

Thanks

Greg

Speedy Gonzales
23-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Your CPU maybe a Prescott CPU.

This (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&familyid=9b99c199-5d75-454f-ae07-b620727be8d8&displaylang=en) may have something to do with it.

Is that a Nvidia based videocard? If it is, are u using the 81.95 drivers, that just came out? or drivers, from the Nvidia site?

Rob99
23-11-2005, 10:15 PM
It wont be drivers if he cant even get windows to load.

you sure its seated correctly and has the power attached as well

flashkiwi
23-11-2005, 11:02 PM
I have downloaded the patch to no avail...

It is seated well and connected to two power cables.

I only have a 350W PS - minimum required for card. Is it possible that not enough power is getting through to the card? The card works in VGA mode so I dont think that is it.

Some how the graphics card is causing a problem when XP boots. Any other ideas?

Greg

Metla
23-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Can you boot into safe mode?

And what was installed before this card?, You may have to remove the old drivers using Drivercleaner.

If nothing else I would try with a different PSu, or the card in another comp before returning it....

Rob99
23-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Try a bigger and better PSU

flashkiwi
23-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Can get into safe mode but hangs at at mup.sys (think that is a red herring according to a google search).

Previous video is onboard intel VGA. As the computer recognises the card (i.e. I can see the computer boot up on screen) I dont think this is the issue....

I dont have a spare PSU or computer with PCI express.

I will go back to shop and see if they have any ideas.

Greg

Metla
23-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Previous video is onboard intel VGA. As the computer recognises the card (i.e. I can see the computer boot up on screen) I dont think this is the issue....

As your computer boots all the components are queried and identify themselves, if they can't then the system will hang and you get a series of beeps which represent which item has failes, Otherwise known as error codes. This is quite seperate from Windows and has no bearing on conflicting driver files. No matter what the issue is as long as the card isn't dead enough to not even send a signal to the screen you will see its identifcation on your screen.

However, seeing as your prior video was handled by an onboard chipset then its most likely not the issue.

I dont have a spare PSU

Strip back your computer so it uses less power, remove all PCI cards, All ram apart from one stick,unplug your optical drives,floppy,lights, and any secondary harddrives, Make sure the only component drawing of the power cable to the video card is the video card itself.

Then see if she boots.

flashkiwi
24-11-2005, 10:11 PM
I have put in a 450w PSU but no luck - still same problem :-( Have checked card in another computer and looks OK

Would reinstalling Windows help? How?

TIA

Greg

GaRHaR
04-12-2005, 03:01 PM
i've currently got the same problem, it's not a PSU, video card or motherboard issue

the problem lies with either Daemon Tools or your raid drivers, d347bus.sys originally was your error, this file is related to Daemon Tools...it handles all the virtual drives in windows (i believe)

i also believe the next driver to start up is the windows Silsoft raid drivers

i was told to try chkdsk /r in the windows recovery console..but this didn't work

so now i'm doing a repair install of windows, as i have too much information i need to be able to format without saving any of it

My system is as follows

Athlon64 Dual core 3800+ (o/c'd to 2.2ghz)
2 nVidia 7800GT's in SLi
400gb SATA Raid 0
Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe

the problem started last night for me, and i've tried everything..but so far windows repair install seems to be working...will let you know results

GaRHaR
04-12-2005, 05:54 PM
nope, windows repair install didn't work

looks like i'm going to have to install windows over the top of my current installation - copy all my data accross (over 300gb) my lan to my old computer, and start again from scratch

just after i'd got it the way i wanted it as well :/ that sucks

pctek
04-12-2005, 07:00 PM
I am trying to install a Gigabyte 7800GT PCIe video card into my PC. When I go to boot it blue screens with a STOP 0x0000007B error. According to Microsoft this a boot error.....Using F8 i have tried all the different options. In safe mode it stopped at d347bus.sys, so followed instructions and removed Virtual Dameon. Now it stops loading at mup.sys.

When I remove the card it boots normally. I belive that the motherboard senses the new graphics card and turns off the onboard VGA. There is no bios setting for this.

Albatron PX915P MB

Yes there is. I just downloaded the manul and had a look. Go back to your MB manual and read it carefully.

Rob99
04-12-2005, 11:21 PM
copy all my data accross (over 300gb) my lan to my old computerYour old computer, is that the one with 2X120Gb of HD space, I dont think it will fit ;)

flashkiwi
09-12-2005, 12:04 AM
I reinstalled Windows and all works OK now - not sure what the problem was?

Lucky I had set up a couple of partitions.

Kinda sucks that you have to reinstall Windows (and all the other applications) because you change a graphics card - 6 ours wastes

Flashkiwi

someguynamedmat
06-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Although I am not entirely sure this would have worked I recently encountered the same problem. The daemon tools driver (d347bus.sys) was stopping my computer from doing a complete boot. However I could get into windows using safe mode. Although you cannot uninstall daemon tools, who would want too anyways, you can have daemon tools disabled. Doing so enables windows to temporarily ignore that particular file enabling a full boot in normal mode. Then unistall then reinstall daemon tools. That SHOULD solve your problem.