PDA

View Full Version : Incredimail erased hotmail inbox

shaun
23-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Incredimail one day took entire contents of my hotmail inbox and erased it. How do I get them back in hotmail. I do not even have encredimail on my machine. Its stupid.

thx

Rob99
23-11-2005, 10:46 AM
So is hotmail.

Phone microsoft and see if they can undelete your inbox.

If you have never had incredimail how do you know it wiped your hotmail inbox??

drcspy
23-11-2005, 11:16 AM
unless your hotmail inbox was on the pc itself and not 'out there' at hotmail on a server somewhere in america then its impossible for incredimail to have 'wiped' your hotmail inbox they are totally seperate things........

shaun
24-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Ok.....

Any ideas what happened to the contents of hotmail inbox then? All emails are all present in Incredimail.

Rob99
24-11-2005, 11:08 AM
So you do have Incredimail??

And the email are intact in the incredimail inbox.

Three options

1} Ditch both hotmail and incredimail, switch to Gmail and thunderbird. Forward all emails you want to keep to your new Gmail account.

2} Forward them to your hotmail then check your settings in incredimail, look for delete from server once downloaded or similar

3} Ditch both hotmail and incredimail, switch to Gmail and thunderbird. Forward all emails you want to keep to your new Gmail account.

Metla
24-11-2005, 11:08 AM
You said in the first post that Incredimail isn't on your machine, now you say you can see them all in Incredimail?

Huh?

If you have used Incredimail to check your hotmail and its removed all the mail and taken ownership then there is nothing you can apart from foward them all to your hotmail addresss.

shaun
29-11-2005, 01:06 PM
sorry. to clarify, incredimail is on an old computer that I used to use (pc).

not on my current computer (mac).

so, there's no better method than to individually forward each email from incredimail back into hotmail?

Rob99
29-11-2005, 01:30 PM
http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/ts/display_article.asp?article_id=99

Metla
29-11-2005, 01:33 PM
hmmm....I didn't know you could do that...............

Wonder when they added that ability.

Prescott
29-11-2005, 03:23 PM
I thought Hotmail stoped POP3 access....