PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2 Help Please

Merr
23-11-2005, 04:58 AM
I recently just got The Sims 2. It installed fine and all
But then when it comes to loading the game it tends to not want to load.

I try to start it up
I see the spalsh screen saying The Sims 2
Then I get an Error ( send / don't send report error )

Regardless what I do
I've tried different resolutions
I've tried to update my video card drivers.
I've tried uninstalling and re-installing
I've tried downloading the latest Sims 2 patch.

And I've even tried to post a question on the Sims Tech help board.
Problem being no matter what I do I can't get out of read only mode..

Even AFTER I confirmed my account with The Sims Communities.

So My question to you people who are nice enough to help

HOW?! Can I get my game running?

Oh and forgot to say

Running Sims 2 UK Multi Language Version ( Old Copy I believe )
Windows XP Pro SP2
1 gig of ram
2.0 ghz Pentium 760

Jen
23-11-2005, 06:18 AM
Welcome to PressF1 Merr :)

What is the exact wording in the error message? Also have a look under Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Logs > Application/System for errors logged when you tried to launch the game.

Merr
23-11-2005, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the Welcome :)
Hope I can get this fixed. I'd really like to play.

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/8520/simerror1hp.jpg

That's the EXACT error. Everytime, I don't even get to see the splash screen for more then 2 seconds usually, occasionaly it'll taunt me and stay up for a whole 5!

And I checked where you asked, Nothing about the sims is there
Not in application
Security
or System

There's a list of errors.

Mainly saying
Type ------- Source

error ------- LoadPerf // a few dozen times
error ------- Application Hang // a few dozen times
error ------- MsiInstaler // Once
error ------- Application Error // A Few Times

Sooo yeah, Definetly confused.

Also , Just realised I should of said this earlier

My Video Card is a ATI Radeon Mobility x700 64MB

Also Just found out
Sims Body Builder Works fine.

beama
23-11-2005, 10:34 AM
have you checked the min' computer spec requireied to run this game, If I remember them correctly your vid card is not up to spec

Merr
23-11-2005, 11:36 AM
If the X600 and 800 are supported then why not the 700?

I can run Age Of Empires 3 and that has the same requirements as Sims 2 ( HW T&L as well as RAM )

And I run AOE 3 Very Nicely
The only time it'll lag is if it's My MAssive army VS Computers Massive Army :P

Also to see if it's my computer or the file
I ran it on another computer
That in no way can support the Video.
Since it's a 32 intergrated intel card. Not only does it install and run ( horribly mind you ) But it didn't even have any problems in the first place

And As I said above, I'm really not sure why I can run the Sims Builder but not the game

:help:

Rob99
23-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Windows key + R - msconfig - switch off everything in the startup tab.

Reboot and try again

Merr
23-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Ok
Tried the MSConfig approach, didn't work

Now, I just rememberd I was using Daemon Tools so I left that on during the startup

A Friend of mine said that could cause some problems but shes not sure on how to fix it or if it does or not for sure. ( if that really bad sentence makes sense )

So if that could be the problem how would I go around it? Since My CD-Roms not exactly in working order at the moment.

beama
23-11-2005, 01:18 PM
are you using nero because i think theres a clash between nero and the sims software, there was somthing abot it metioned in this forum ealier this year, try searching the forum on topic sims 2

Merr
23-11-2005, 04:03 PM
I'll give it a look but I'm using Daemon Tools 4.0

:annoyed: Very much annoyed at the game at the moment :annoyed:

that and my computer :P

Anyone have any other ideas other then Daemon Tools and Sims 2 not being compatible?

If my attempts and the fix's don't work ( after forum search )

Any and all help is great.
No Idea to small
No method to complex :D

gibler
23-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Try installing it using the same CD on another PC and see what happens.

Have you updated sound card drivers?

Being able to see the contents of the technical reporrt within the error report, might give us a clue.

Merr
24-11-2005, 02:28 AM
Yeah As I said It worked fine on the other computer. But the computer can't handle it
Point being it still ran and installed fine.

And I can't even read the error report my self
When I choose send report It sends and I don't get the normal options where I can see what it sent.

All I can do is close the error report.
Unless your talking about something else.

Myth
24-11-2005, 08:10 AM
I am assuming you have directX installed? (9c I believe is the latest)

Here is the link to the EA Games Sims2 problem site (http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=F-*yZjVh&p_lva=1&p_li=&p_new_search=1&p_srch=1&p_sort_by=&p_gridsort=&p_row_cnt=721&p_prods=0&p_cats=0&p_pv=&p_cv=&p_search_text=Sims+2&p_search_type=answers.search_nl&p_nav=head&p_page_head=1&p_page_foot=2)
In here there are many answers that you will have to try; specifically on these 2 pages: Answer1 (http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8610&p_created=1103143744&p_sid=3euu_jVh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9OCZwX3Byb2RzPTcsNzAwLDcwMSZwX2NhdHM9JnB fcHY9My43MDEmcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4d D1sb2Fk&p_li=&p_topview=1) Answer2
(http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7862&p_created=1095289526&p_sid=3euu_jVh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9OCZwX3Byb2RzPTcsNzAwLDcwMSZwX2NhdHM9JnB fcHY9My43MDEmcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4d D1sb2Fk&p_li=&p_topview=1)
Theres a patch page here (http://thesims2.ea.com/update/)

Merr
24-11-2005, 08:30 AM
*** Sorry Double Post ***

Merr
24-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Both of those don't make any difference, I've tried them already

One is just un-installing the game. Like I said I've done
The other is updating drivers ( also done ) and then reinstalling if the update doesn't work

As I've already said as well I've patched the game too. ( I BELIEVE I've said that if not then I'm sorry I should of )

:badpc:

But I just tried both methodes again.
And again I get the same result.

The splash screen comes up for half a second. Then I get the error that you can see in the link up there.

I did ONCE have it say
" Please Insert CD 4 into Drive "
But that was just once.

Does the game run off of CD 4?

JJJJJ
24-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Both of those don't make any difference, I've tried them already

One is just un-installing the game. Like I said I've done
The other is updating drivers ( also done ) and then reinstalling if the update doesn't work

As I've already said as well I've patched the game too. ( I BELIEVE I've said that if not then I'm sorry I should of )

:badpc:

But I just tried both methodes again.
And again I get the same result.

The splash screen comes up for half a second. Then I get the error that you can see in the link up there.

I did ONCE have it say
" Please Insert CD 4 into Drive "
But that was just once.

Does the game run off of CD 4?

It is quite likely that the game requires you to keep disk 4 in your CD player to verify that you have the game and not a pirated copy.
MS Flight Sim requires this or it won't load.

Merr
24-11-2005, 08:47 AM
So if I burnt disk 4 onto a CD instead of using Daemon Tools it could work?

Jen
24-11-2005, 09:02 AM
So if I burnt disk 4 onto a CD instead of using Daemon Tools it could work?Do you not have the original installation disks? Is this a legal version of the game?

Merr
24-11-2005, 10:10 AM
It is and I do

But I sorta nuked my Drive :blush:
Not on purpose mind you

So a had a friend make me an image so I can run it off my Daemon Tools

Speedy Gonzales
24-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Buy another cd rom drive.

Merr
24-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Broke

And I can fix it just have to get a new SCSI cable

still want to know whats up with Sims 2 though

Recently found this after scowering the error logs and the detailed description of the errors.

I got this twice.

Faulting application sims2.exe, version 1.0.0.932, faulting module ~df394b.tmp, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0008e86b.
as well as this

The application, D:\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 11/22/2005 @ 09:07:58.937 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 6678E86B (~df394b!CModuleMonitor__IsModuleWithinLimits)

So... Help at all?

gibler
24-11-2005, 11:48 AM
read this forum thread (http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windows-xp-games/5568/LOTR-battle-for-middle-earth-crashes-after-splash-screen)

Looks like it is copy protection kicking it.

you'll have to:

- find a firmware upgrade for your drive if there is one
- find yet another patch for the game (or at least complain to EA)
- use a different drive
- find ye no cd "patch" (I'm not advocating piracy here)

DangerousDave
24-11-2005, 01:01 PM
- find ye no cd "patch" (I'm not advocating piracy here)

Cracks have worked for me virtually everytime I've had a problem with a game (legally purchased of course). Interesting really.

Greg
24-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Best advice is... give up on Sims. It's only for woosies :p

Merr
28-11-2005, 06:12 AM
I got my problem fixed.

For some reason it was the image. But when I made a mini image off my sims 2 CD that worked out for me. So now it works.

But in order for it to work I have to ;

- Start Sims 2 without any image mounted
- when it says insert cd I have to mount BOTH CD images
- then restart the game

that lets it run fine

cmr3
07-02-2006, 06:48 AM
how exactly did u do that, because i am experiencing the same problem with my sims 2 game in the multilanguage?

Phoenix.Socom
10-02-2006, 12:44 PM
As far as I know you must use Daemon Tools 3.47 with all emulation options on
I had the same problem, I ended up reinstalling windows and found out a few days later :waughh:

marcusaurelius
13-04-2006, 08:50 PM
I had the same problem with the sims 2 failing to load-- I think the solution would work universally for any game. I'd get an error, including ~df394b.tmp somewhere in a mass of text. I'm using an original store-bought cd, but I also use daemon tools 4.w/e for other games. I found that the problem was that daemon tools was trying to emulate securerom and other CD security software by default. I fixed the problem easily loading up daemon, right clicking, hitting "emulation", and selecting "all options off". That solved it for me. If you're using other emulation software, try doing the equivalent if you have the same problem.

Jester
13-04-2006, 09:44 PM
I see from your screenshot that you have a different theme installed. Do you use Windowblinds at all? I had windowblinds installed on my laptop and some games wouldn't run. I uninstalled/deactivated it and they ran ok.

Twas a bit of a bummer till I discovered the uxtheme.dll patcher, so can now select different themes without Windowblinds.

jesse_jax
14-04-2006, 05:45 PM
just use the REAL cd instead of the image with daemon? i mean REALLY....or just buy the game instead of downloading it, if you didnt download it, and you bought it and are using daemon tools for more convience, just use the cd, if you borrowed the cd's to install, and gave them back, find a crack for it(ill have a look soon for one), it prolly has safe disc or some anti virtual drive in it.

pctek
14-04-2006, 05:55 PM
And why is this thread even allowed to continue seeing as its a "Help me with my pirated game not working" thead.
Oh yeah too broke to buy a DVD Rom, they're dirt cheap now.

The_End_Of_Reality
14-04-2006, 06:02 PM
and also why is it that it is always the n00bs that bring up the old threads???? :stare: :D

jesse_jax
14-04-2006, 06:17 PM
>.> ^^