PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking

Sapperbro
19-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi all, Back on deck again after a short fall in hospital with some broken bones.
Now that I've spent a year with my new rebuild, I've started to get a little adventurous. My Motherboard CD has a nice little utility on it called EasyTune 4. It is an overclocking facility by Gigabyte and is designed to give an easy mode and an advanced mode. I have installed it without tweaking any of the settings and had a look at it to see what default readings it picked up. It is showing "Warning - System Fan = 000 rpm". I find this strange as the only fans in there are the original fan in the power unit (I guess this is the one refered to), and two other fans I added to the case interior to increase the air flow. These are all working. (A physical check with the case off.) The CPU fan is OK with this correct revs showing. The Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-7VM400M(F). Is there something I have missed? There doesn't appear to be a setting to force the utility to pick up the current system activities.
Cheers,
Ken

Prescott
19-11-2005, 05:39 PM
overclock in BIOS, its better.

Sapperbro
19-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Perhaps, but the point is the utility should not be showing the system fan (whichever that one is) as operating at 000 rpm. How does one correct it?
Ken.

Speedy Gonzales
19-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Unless a fan is connected to the system fan connection on the mobo, it'll read as 000. Since there's nothing connected to it.

Some mobos have the CPU_FAN, SYSTEM_FAN, PWR_FAN, and/or CHA_FAN connections on the mobo itself.

chiefnz
19-11-2005, 07:26 PM
All bundled mobo mmonitoring software usually works best if the fans are connected to the mobo. If your fans are connected to the molex power connectors then you will get readings of 000rpm, as the molex connectors do not have a sense wire for speed.

For the utitlity too not give a reading of 000rpm you have to connect your 2 fans directly to the the mobo.

Hope that clears things up.

cheers

chiefnz

Sapperbro
20-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Thank you all. Another step in the learning curve.
Cheers,
Ken