PDA

View Full Version : "32Bit Set up Launcher error"

Satsumas
18-11-2005, 10:46 PM
I just put a fairly old cd-rom (01/02) into my disk drive and the set up instillation windown wont open.

I got a windows error message which said "32Bit Set up Launcher error"

Does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem?

Speedy Gonzales
19-11-2005, 03:59 PM
What game / program is on the cd?

And what version of windows (if u use this) are you using?

Jen
19-11-2005, 04:05 PM
What program (and version) does the CD contain that you are trying to install? What OS are you running on that machine? Taking a guess that you are using XP from your previous posts, have you checked that the program/game/whatever is compatible with XP? Depending upon what you are trying to install, you could try copying the contents of the CD to your hard drive and then installing it using XP's compatibility mode.

Satsumas
27-02-2006, 01:07 AM
After previously giving up on this game i have recently started trying to get it working again.

The game and requirements are as follows...

Championship Manager Season 01-02

Min Specs
Win 95/98
Pentium 133
16Mb ram
4 x speed CD rom
DirectX 7 (included)

Highly Reccomended
Pentium 233
64Mb ram (reccomended for over 4 leagues)
100% Win 95/98 compatibile sound card

I have
Windows XP
AMD Atholon 1.3 Ghz
Free Capacity - 76.6 GB

I have played the older version 'season 00-01' on this computer so this one should work. Also i have played more recent games from last year on this computer.

Also i have asked people on a different forum and they say use windows compatability and select 'run in win 95 mode' i done this and i still get the same "32 bit set up launcher error"

Satsumas
27-02-2006, 05:17 AM
I have
Windows XP
AMD Duron processor
224 MB RAM

Satsumas
27-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Is there anything that i have to re-install i.e windows xp?

Satsumas
28-02-2006, 05:54 AM
Ahh Come on guys! There should be someone who can suggest some helpfull tips?

Speedy Gonzales
28-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Send an email to guys who made the game?

See what they say.

Or try turning off any firewalls/antivirus programs before u install it.

Or try installing it in safe mode. See if it works.

Or clean all the crap off the hdd with ccleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com) . Then try and install it.

tweak'e
28-02-2006, 09:13 AM
tips....

your trying to run a 9x game on XP. it proberly won't work.
you could try coping the cd to the hardrive then running setup in compatiblity mode.

SolMiester
28-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks Tweek'e, i was going to suggest copying cd accross to hdd, may just be corrupted/scrtached files on cd!

Rubb toothpaste on cd and rinse off

kingdragonfly
28-02-2006, 11:16 AM
It must be one heck of a game if you've been working on it from November to Feb.

Satsumas
01-03-2006, 05:55 AM
I stopped for a while, well gave up, but i want to play it again now. Im no quitter!
I know it works cus i know ppl that play it on xp, and ive played an older version of the game on this exact computer!

So how do i copy it to my harddrive?

Ive got Norton Internet Security 05' which is always on, so do you think turning this off will help?

Thanks for the help.

Satsumas
15-03-2006, 10:08 AM
This has totally confused me!

i just played a demo version of the game and it worked perfectly. :help:

Satsumas
15-03-2006, 10:39 PM
I dont know if anyone can help me or not or you just cant be bothered but i am dissapointed with the lack of help i have recieved.

I dont mean to sound like a spoilt little brat but on every other forum i seem to get some help on things or at least someone saying its no good, or i cant help you with that.

I thought this would be a doddle for some of you guys.
Obviously not.

Thanks anyway.

Metla
15-03-2006, 10:54 PM
If the demo works, and the same game works on other peoples comps running XP then the most likly cause is a munted CD.

Clean it.
Try another CD Drive
run the EXE in compatability mode, you dont need to copy it to the hard drive to do this.

Failing that, the prior install may have bunged the registery, give her a rinse.And run CCleaner as advised earlier to dump any temp and cached files.

Satsumas
15-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Right. Ok i'll try that, Thanks for the help.
Much Appriciated :thumbs:

Laura
16-03-2006, 12:06 AM
You say you're disappointed with the lack of help you received.
It seems to me you got quite a lot of helpful suggestions overall.
Did you try them all out? If so, where was your own feedback?
If I'd been one of those who replied when you first posted, I'd have liked your comp details as requested last November.
It took 2 1/2 months to get that. Then you made 5 posts over 3 days ( and got some replies) but then vanished for a fortnight until today, when you're "disappointed."

Your post says: "I thought this would be a doddle for some of you guys. Obviously not."

My version says:" I thought he'd realise he's lucky that anyone takes him seriously enough to reply at all by now."

Satsumas
16-03-2006, 12:47 AM
So what was i supposed to do? wait for replies which came months later?
keep refreshing the page every minute of every day?
When you get no replies and the suggestions i get dont work im bound to loose faith.

Rub toothpaste on the cd? then rinse off? Sounds like a terrible idea to me!
I'll try it though, nothing to loose. So do i just put a dab on my finger, smear it all over the cd, then rinse off with tap water?

FoxyMX
16-03-2006, 11:15 AM
What were you supposed to do? Well, use some manners and reply to the responses that you get within a day or two for a start. :rolleyes:

Posting on forums like this works both ways you know - if you aren't going to provide feedback to replies then don't expect everyone to come rushing to your help the next time.

It would also pay to remember that people do not visit the forum all the time and not everyone can help with all problems. If someone can help then they usually do, unless they have cause not to do so due to a rude response in the past, etc.

Brewer
22-06-2006, 06:28 AM
Hello?

Sorry, I read through this topic twice, trying all the methods, apart from the toothpaste, because I'm not sure if mine would do much good..

But it still doesn't work, it just tells me: '32-bit Setup Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' without even starting install.. It's driving me nuts!

Please help!