PDA

View Full Version : Nod 32

JJJJJ
16-11-2005, 06:28 AM
I'm tempted to give Nod 32 a try. Is anyone useing it? Is it as good as they say?
My NAV has a month to go before I have to give them more money so now would be a good time to try something different.

Neil McC
16-11-2005, 07:52 AM
I've had it for over a year now. I like the quick scan time,less than 2 minutes,but that depends on the profile you set up.You do have a choice for deep scans which takes a lot longer.After using AVG and Avast I decided to pay for a good program.Depends where you surf! Still use AVG on my old pc.

smithie 38
16-11-2005, 09:32 AM
I have had mine for 7 months now, and has not caused any problems at all. Updates daily and just runs in the background.

Australian PC User quotes NOD32 best anti virus 2001 - 2005. It has good write ups for all sources.

As Neil says scan times are quick.

qyiet
16-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I have NOD32 setup at work for about 18 months now, ever since the most I have had to do with antivirus stuff is look at the pretty graphs telling me which virus is the most prevelent this week.

I did have to talk to their support during the setup process (for server stuff, the client side is dead simple), they responded quickly, and compently.

Personally I really like it as an AV program, because after I set it up I have never had to touch it again.

-Qyiet

Rob99
16-11-2005, 10:06 AM
I use it, the interface is a complete pile of ...., but that is its only sore point.

Once setup you will probally never need to touch it again.

I am not a responsible internet user and get spy/trogen/virus on a monthly basis, NOD32 kills them all dead. note: NOD32 is my only line of defence, I have no firewall or sypware programs. Every now and then I will give HJT a scan but it has never picked up anything majior.

Pato
16-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I have been using it for two years now and have had no trouble with it. I would not hesitate recommending it to you.

drcspy
16-11-2005, 11:07 AM
having no firewall is a bit silly ............nod32 may NOT be able to block someone from taking over your pc.........

Rob99
16-11-2005, 11:24 AM
having no firewall is a bit silly ............nod32 may NOT be able to block someone from taking over your pc.........
I know, how am I to test it otherwise?

JJJJJ
16-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Well I've uninstalled NAV and replaced it with the free trial version of Nod32.
So far I like it. It didn't find any viruses that NAV had missed but I like the extra free resources that I now have.

I ran 3Dtest 03 with my video card set to everything on maximum. I got a score of 5070. With NAV installed the best I could get was 3500.
So Nod has passed the first test.

Now bring on a virus and we'll see how good it is.

FoxyMX
16-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Ask Chill nicely and I am sure he will be able to help out with that one. ;)

pctek
16-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Go to:
www.crack-locator.com and download anything.
Then unzip and run whatever you see in there. That will get you one.

Rob99
16-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Go to:
www.crack-locator.com and download anything.
Then unzip and run whatever you see in there. That will get you one.
You will be able to visit the site, but NOD32 wont allow download, so you wont even have a chance to unzip or run.

http://silvertech.co.nz/files/cracklocator-nod32.png

Neil McC
17-11-2005, 08:17 AM
You will be able to visit the site, but NOD32 wont allow download, so you wont even have a chance to unzip or run.

http://silvertech.co.nz/files/cracklocator-nod32.png

Correct, but it's a matter of knowing then what is good or bad!! So Nod is great for that first line of protection.

JJJJJ
17-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Where is the best place to buy it. I can get a disk for $60+ plus gst from Chillisoft.
Or I can download it from USA for $39 (US I presume)

Is there a NZ site to d/load it from and get it activated etc.?

Metla
17-11-2005, 09:34 AM
nod32.co.nz

Also run by chillisoft who are the NZ destributer.