PDA

View Full Version : WMP 10

rkeilty
14-11-2005, 04:56 PM
I have WMP set as my default media player and everytime I use it and then try to rip mp3's or whatever in Nero StartSmart the selection app won't open in Nero. The programme just minimizes to the system tray. The other problem it creates is that my computer won't restart in the normal fashion and I have to
use the reset button to reboot. This is very frustrating and there doesn't seem to be anything on MS Web support.

roddy_boy
14-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Why not just rip in Media player?
You may have a conflict with WMP using the CD and Nero not being able to access it properly.
To disable WMP's autoplay, right click on your cd drive, select Autoplay, Choose music CD and select take no action.

SurferJoe46
14-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Sounds to me like incorrect file extensions and associations there.

Check to see if that is indeed the problem. I'd open WMP and find a file you are having trouble with, right click on it and OPEN CONTAINING FILE. Click around the tabs you have there and see what the extension actually is and see if it's not something wrong or one that WMP won't support..or DOES and Nero won't.

I personally don't use Nero...I like WMP as it is or use DVD Shrink for the vids. With that having been said by me, I expect to get a lot of flames from those who totally hate WMP. :D

Greven
15-11-2005, 08:32 AM
I hardly ever use WMP these days - I used to use it for all my vids, but lately I've been having problems finding codecs for the vids I get off my friends. I use nero showtime for watching vids now (it doesn't seem to need codecs to play the movies) & winamp for ripping & listening to mp3s.

I would agree with the suggestion of disabling autorun for music CDs, or (in wmp) go to tools --> options --> filetypes & deselect music CD playback.