PDA

View Full Version : MP3 file every time to be tested/converted for recording?

ramu
12-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Hello There

I would really expect someone to answer a funny question.

I've an Audigy2 ZS sound card & the software. I bought this for the purose of converting some cassette music into CDs. This hasn't yet happened as I have problems with, I believe, connections between the PC, deck & amp.

Anyway the current issue is this:
I ripped music from some classic music CDs to make an MP3 copy. The ripped songs were later converted into MP3 files as per a dialogue box after waiting a long time. Now all the songs in MP3 format are in the C Drive.

However, whenever I try to re-edit the compiliations & reduce the number of compositions from the listed column to the Burn Now colum & click Burn Now, the Creative Music Media Source takes me to a dialogue box showing the speed. I choose it & click OK. Then it starts to 'convert the selections into MP3' files by 2%, 3% 4% ....and so on again!

This appears to be really funny, annoying & time consuming. I am wondering why it is doing it again and again when I've already ripped it in WAV & then converted them through the appropriate dialogue box and C Drive has it.

Does anyone know anything better to get me out of this disasterous process. Please give me some know-how to avoid this, if possible.

Cheers
ramu

drcspy
12-11-2005, 07:29 PM
The ripped songs were later converted into MP3 files as per a dialogue box after waiting a long time.

what dialog box ?......what program did you use to convert them etc ?

ramu
12-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Thanks DRCSPY.
I am using the Creative Sound Blaster AUdigyz ZS software supplied with the sound card. The dialogue box comes out of it.

Chilling_Silence
13-11-2005, 04:17 AM
Ramu, give Goldwave a try (http://www.goldwave.com).

Its shareware but registering/paying is _not_ mandatory.

Ive used it myself many times to do what you're doing and find it to be a brilliant piece of work :)

Give it a whirl and see how you got

Cheers

Chill.

ramu
15-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks 'Moderator'.