PDA

View Full Version : Phishing again - National Australia Bank

John H
08-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Just a heads up, at least for Paradise email addressees. The con artists are at it again. Just received another phishing email - this time purporting to be from the National Australia Bank.

Even though it was not addressed to me, Paradise's spam filters did not block it. I have sent it back to the Postmaster, Paradise for investigation (whatever good that may do).

Subject line is Important Banking Mail and it purports to come from National Australia Bank [support_num_144207834828@national.com.au]

Beware!

Safari
08-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Of course it was addressed to you, how else could you have received it.
These type of emails are around all the time and as they have the appearance of a genuine email they are difficult to filter.

Cicero
08-02-2005, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=Safari]Of course it was addressed to you, how else could you have received it.[QUOTE=Safari]

Good point Saf,I missed that!
Sherlock will disown me.

Cicero
08-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Good point Saf,I missed that,Sherlock will disown me.

John H
08-02-2005, 05:57 PM
These type of emails are around all the time and as they have the appearance of a genuine email they are difficult to filter.

You do have a way with words, don't you? :rolleyes:

To be entirely precise then, there was only one addressee showing on the email, and it was not me.

John

godfather
08-02-2005, 06:47 PM
To be entirely precise then, there was only one addressee showing on the email, and it was not me.

John
That only means that your address was in the BCC: field, along with an undisclosed number of others.

Laura
09-02-2005, 04:53 AM
I got one purporting to come from Westpac a fortnight ago.
Because it was so well-done (staggeringly good copy of their website ) I posted a warning here..
Knowing the bank had the same problem last year - and had put big warnings on their website then - I sent Westpac a detailed email describing what I thought was the first wave of a new approach they'd like to know about..
The reply next day was merely a standard computer-generated warning TO ME about not replying to scam email.
I decided that either I was naive & they'd got accustomed to what had become a continuing scam or their Customer Services had never read my email..
Either way, that kind of feedback -virrtually the nil kind - didn't inspire me to bother with them again..