PDA

View Full Version : Quotes

beetle
02-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Is there some quotes or jokes that ya love or live by?

I like the one where it goes, or along these lines cos i cant find it.......

You cant please everyone, but when you tick someone off, ya sure ****** it up and everyone knows.... and nobody is happy......

must go google it i spose.

I think that has happened today dont you?

cest la vie

is a good one.

beetle

Strommer
02-02-2005, 01:10 PM
"When you have a hammer in your hand, everything looks like a nail".

....and.....

"Beware of half-knowledge.... you may have got the wrong half".

Metla
02-02-2005, 01:18 PM
What are you lookin' at? You're all a bunch of ****ing' ***holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ****in' fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what'll that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on. Last time you're gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Make way for the bad guy.

Muhahahahaha

beetle
02-02-2005, 02:24 PM
eh????

who's is that then?

A metla quote or a copycat?

beetle

Metla
02-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Tony Montana

as played by Al Pacino

In one of the greatest movies of all time.

Scarface

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0783225970/102-5047611-4152952?v=glance

Terry Porritt
02-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Nah.... George Raft, 1932 film, Scarface - Shame of a Nation :D

Metla
02-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Remake in name only.

Different script.
Different story
Different charecters.

Unrelated.

Graham L
02-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Wasn't that George W's coronation speech?

Dally
02-02-2005, 03:39 PM
To slightly misquote Van Morrison:-

When you don't need an answer there'll be days like this
When you don't meet a chancer there'll be days like this
When United thrash Arsenal and Wenger has a fit
Then i must remember there'll be days like this

Strommer
02-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Metla, that Pacino script is precious. Thanks.
But Igotta tell u, when I read it I thot it was the old Metla as we knew him on the 2004 PF1. :D

andrew93
02-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Favourite Quote?

There's a passage I got memorized, seems appropriate for this situation: Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

...plus see my sig...

agent
02-02-2005, 11:17 PM
"You won't find a model for yourself anywhere in the universe. Use the time you have now to just be yourself."

It's not a direct quote, rather a paraphrase from something one Brian Swimme did say.

Scouse
03-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

John 11/35. :cool:

andrew93
03-02-2005, 05:44 PM

You read the bible? (http://www.webspawner.com/users/ezekielpulp/)

"I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."

:D

Winston001
04-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Favourite Quote?

Ezekiel 25:17. " And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

I seem to recall this line from the movie Pulp Fiction, just before Samuel L Jackson does his hit-man stuff. Very effective.
:thumbs:

d.murray
04-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Nice One

Cicero
04-02-2005, 11:49 AM
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Very appropriate just now,re Avatars and Iraq ;)

Oh,that's Winston.

Metla
04-02-2005, 12:03 PM
cutting.

Murray P
04-02-2005, 12:50 PM
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

:lol: :thumbs:

Very appropriate just now,re Avatars and Iraq ;)

Oh,that's Winston.

You disagree with the views expressed Thomas, will you not change your mind? ;)

Morgenmuffel
04-02-2005, 01:36 PM

I had to look that one Up (http://bible.gospelcom.net/passage/?search=John%2011:35&version=31;&version=31;), probably the one I use the most, after my signature of course

Cicero
04-02-2005, 02:06 PM
You disagree with the views expressed Thomas, will you not change your mind? You disagree with the views expressed Thomas, will you not change your mind?

When it begins to pall,time to change subject,don't you think.

Never get anywhere,never the twain shall meet.

Murray P
04-02-2005, 02:42 PM
You disagree with the views expressed Thomas, will you not change your mind? You disagree with the views expressed Thomas, will you not change your mind?

When it begins to pall,time to change subject,don't you think.

Never get anywhere,never the twain shall meet.

Agreed, on both counts :eek: it's just about deceased

KiwiLinc
04-02-2005, 09:27 PM
"You gotta ask yourself, do I feel lucky? Well do ya...punk?"

A true classic.

anek dotal
04-02-2005, 10:05 PM
It will never be known what a toad is feeling while he sits at the bottom of a pond and interprets the toad world around him.

Murray P
05-02-2005, 01:42 PM
For me to read your mind, there has to be something in there.

beetle
05-02-2005, 07:06 PM
LOL MP, or ya eyes are open but the ears are shut....

beetle

TideMan
06-02-2005, 09:52 PM
The first time you screw me, it's your fault.
But the SECOND time you screw me, it's MY fault.

Prescott
06-02-2005, 09:58 PM
I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts

andrew93
06-02-2005, 10:47 PM
The first time you screw me, it's your fault.
But the SECOND time you screw me, it's MY fault.

You wanna see George Bush's version of that saying - exactly who is the fool? (http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bushvideos/v/bushfoolme.htm)

:D

Chilling_Silence
06-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Genius doesnt work on an assembly line basis. You cannot simply say 'Today I will be brilliant' - Kirk, The Ultimate Computer, Stardate 4731.1

Hot Chocolate
07-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Here's mud in your eye kid.......

No idea who said it.

I just like it.

Chilling_Silence
07-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Kinda pessimistic..... :p

Cicero
07-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Here's mud in your eye kid.......

No idea who said it.

I just like it.
Humphrey Bogart said it in Casablanca.
Mud in your eye is similar to cheers when having a drink.

Metla
07-02-2005, 01:58 PM
The research I done claimed it referred back to horse racing,and that getting mud in the eye was to be losing.....

and The google never made any reference to Casablanca.............

Google is my God.

Cicero
07-02-2005, 02:28 PM
The research I done claimed it referred back to horse racing,and that getting mud in the eye was to be losing.....

and The google never made any reference to Casablanca.............

Google is my God.
Definitely a toast. "Here's mud in your eye," which originally expressed the wish that farmers would find soft earth easily turned by a plow.
You are right about Casablanca,.. Humphrey Bogart's to Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca: "Here's looking at you, kid."

My God too,question who is best at using it. ;)

Ferroshus
08-02-2005, 05:01 PM
"The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long. And you have burned so very very brightly, Roy" ....... Bladerunner

Now there's a Movie!

Edward
08-02-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm not rude, you're thin skinned

It's my way or the highway

I knew that

Duh

Just to name a few ;)

Billy T
08-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Favourite quotes.

From a poem entitled "MiniCooper" by an English electronics technician, rally driving and drinking enthusiast I shared a flat with once many years ago during a different life, one of only two lines from his works that I still remember:

Don't go in the forests girls, without your sump-guards on!

He was a very good poet and singer-songwriter actually, and did some excellent work. He also wrote in many different styles. This is from a rather sensitive lament about racial and religious prejudice, which contained the other memorable line:

Her God could be your God, could be mine.

For some strange reason both these quotes have stuck with me for nearly 30 years.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

drcspy
08-02-2005, 06:56 PM
winston churchill >>> "there are two sides to any question - MY side and the WRONG side......."

KiwiLinc
08-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Re: "here's mud in your eye"

Humphrey Bogart said it in Casablanca.
Mud in your eye is similar to cheers when having a drink.

Ask Jeeves says:

Where does the drinking toast "here's mud in your eye" originate?

It comes from the trench warfare of World War I, and the implication was that it would be good fortune only to get mud from the trenches in your eye, all the other very real
possibilities, such as artillery shrapnel, being absolutely horrific.

sam m
08-02-2005, 10:28 PM
"If it aint broke......dont fix it"

I have a saying rather than a quote when I am say *ahem* a litlle angry and someone says......

Sam, what are you dong?

""Just minding my own business, what about you?"

Laura
09-02-2005, 03:18 AM
Paraphrased: Do unto others as you wish they would do unto you.

No, I'm not religious. It just seems like a reasonable way for all of us to get along.

Strommer
09-02-2005, 09:05 AM
The good people sleep much better at night than the bad people.
Of course, the bad people enjoy the waking hours much more.
- Woody Allen

Winston001
09-02-2005, 11:45 AM
winston churchill >>> "there are two sides to any question - MY side and the WRONG side......."

This has a familiar ring to it. :D Fanaticism has its comfort in certainty you know. ;)

Cicero
09-02-2005, 01:58 PM
This has a familiar ring to it. :D Fanaticism has its comfort in certainty you know. ;)

Are you suggesting Winston was a fanatic,you bounder ;) sir.

Winston001
09-02-2005, 04:36 PM
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to suffer from a Cicero one-liner" :@@: :@@:

Cicero
09-02-2005, 05:27 PM
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to suffer from a Cicero one-liner" :@@: :@@:
All I can say is,It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. ;)

Win