PDA

View Full Version : Can I unlock my UK mobile?

show032
28-01-2005, 09:39 AM
I bought a phone while living in the UK, and now want to be able to put a Vodafone simcard in it and use it here. I've taken it to one place that unlocks simcards but they said they were unable to do it.

I've got a Sony Ericsson Z200, and it is currently on the Virgin Mobile network. Any ideas of where I can go to get my phone unlocked from Virgin so I can use it in NZ?

Thanks!

CYaBro
28-01-2005, 10:35 AM
From doing a bit of quick googling it looks like you need a special cable that connects the phone to your PC and also need special software on the PC to do it. :(

Prescott
28-01-2005, 06:51 PM
there is a site for nokia's here (http://www.unlockme.co.uk/) , but thats not what your after....... i had a quick google and i also saw that it had to be done with a pc.

but sometimes there are people on trade me that will unlock the phone for you, it maybe worth a try. have you gone into a vodafone dealer shop and asked?

John H
28-01-2005, 10:42 PM
I sold a Sony Ericsson P800 PDA/cell phone second hand to a guy in Auckland. When he got it he found there was a password on the phone that I had not entered - turned out it was a default password not listed in the manual.

He located a Sony Ericsson agent in Auckland who sorted it out for him. That is a long winded way of suggesting you locate a local Sony Ericsson agent to see if they can unlock the phone for you. Just a thought...

John

Nomad
29-01-2005, 12:18 PM
some guys on trademe know how to do them... one guy quoted me $25 but I did not go with it.