PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to fight back against Telecom

hamstar
13-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Simply stick a slip of paper with,

"UNBUNDLE THE LOOP"

written on it in red pen into the phone bill pay slip each month ^_^ !!!

hamstar
13-01-2005, 01:45 PM
may as well put a poll on this thread while im here... :D

....oh i can't.... what?

new thread....

whetu
13-01-2005, 05:37 PM
wow, that's really going to get through to them :rolleyes:

how about change to the competition? It's called voting with your wallet. :thumbs:

And another thing, I know this new forum software forum has a poll feature and you really really want to play with the new toy, but could you give it a rest for at least a week? :@@:

ninja
13-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Stop... Think... Don't post.

Do it for your family and loved ones.

TonyF
13-01-2005, 06:43 PM
but could you give it a rest for at least a week? :@@:
yes indeed.

Peter H
13-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Give it a rest forever. I presume your phone works and has for a long time. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with telecom.
Goodbye

Growly
13-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Give it a rest forever. I presume your phone works and has for a long time. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with telecom.

Amen to that!

somebody
13-01-2005, 08:01 PM

"UNBUNDLE THE LOOP"

More than likely, the person who opens the envelope to get the pay slip couldn't care less - they're just a paid employee who fishes out the cheque and the bill slip. Send a letter to the CEO - that'll be more constructive.

agent
13-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Goodbye
Nuclear weapons also work, and have worked for a long time. Is there anything wrong with them in your opinion?

Elephant
13-01-2005, 08:06 PM

"UNBUNDLE THE LOOP"

Do I stuff a piece of paper down my ADSL ( courtesy of Telecom ) when paying bills online as I do? If so then how?

Please give it a rest.

Cicero
13-01-2005, 08:23 PM
And so it goes on Ad Nauseam.

MartynC
13-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Join Telstra Clear - Telecom still gets $$, but my make you feel better! :)

Elephant
13-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Join Telstra Clear - Telecom still gets $$, but my make you feel better! http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/images/smilies/smile.gif

I quite agree with you.
Just signed up for an Orcon Broadband account. This took some time to achieve due to Telecom DSLAM equipment in Tokoroa. Having said that it works here and I have no problems on the Internet and connection. This was started on the 19th October 2004 and was available on 5th Jan 2005.
Orcon gave me a FREE dialup connection for the intervening period.

At the moment I use a Telecom line for my phone calls. This was supplied by Telecom for a price which I paid. I use Telstra for toll calls ( 300 minutes per month ) for around $20.00.

Last two bills from Telecom (<$43.00) and Telstraclear (<30.00 )
The telstra bill includes calls to mobile phones from my Telecom phone number. There again I don't TEXT

I'm actually getting a little tired of posts that argue about the relative merits of operating systems, browsers, email clients and etcetera.

The biggest monopoly we have here in NZ is the Government. At the moment I'm still working!!!! I happen to be over 60 years old. I'm still paying TAX and I assume paying for solo Mothers, Fathers and Unemployment.

If Hamstar and the ilk really wants to do something then i suggest He/She pops down and actually do something. Go see Bill Gates or whomever. Just don't bother me about it!!!

I see no reason why I can't use the software of my choice on MY computer.

Elephant
13-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Nuclear weapons also work, and have worked for a long time. Is there anything wrong with them in your opinion?

Oh great.
I don't remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I would have been about three years old about then.

Can you give me any instance when a Nuclear bomb has been used since in wartime?

I'm willing to bet that more people have died in cars both before Hiroshima and after. Cars work do they not?

Is there anything wrong with them?

Do you not use a telephone?

Cicero
13-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Oh great.
I don't remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I would have been about three years old about then.

Can you give me any instance when a Nuclear bomb has been used since in wartime?

I'm willing to bet that more people have died in cars both before Hiroshima and after. Cars work do they not?

Is there anything wrong with them?

Do you not use a telephone?

Dear me Elle,I don't think he was being serious,this Hamster fellow is just a boy, is he not?The ranting of youth.

agent
13-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Of course I wasn't being all that serious, nuclear weapons and telephone lines can't really be compared like that.

Elephant
13-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Dear me Elle,I don't think he was being serious,this Hamster fellow is just a boy, is he not?The ranting of youth.

First of all MY name is not Elle. If I was her like Elle McPherson I would look better than I do!!! :-)

Hamstar is not spelt Hamster which is a rodent ( I think )

If people have an opinion in this Forum like the CHAT one then I think it's fair game to attack the argument rather than the person.

Elephant
13-01-2005, 11:33 PM

Well I will apologise for attacking your analogy.

I did not realise you were not serious in you question.

Cicero
13-01-2005, 11:56 PM
First of all MY name is not Elle. If I was her like Elle McPherson I would look better than I do!!! :-)

Hamstar is not spelt Hamster which is a rodent ( I think )

If people have an opinion in this Forum like the CHAT one then I think it's fair game to attack the argument rather than the person.

Oh dear oh dear,I think I am going to cry.

agent
13-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Oh dear oh dear,I think I am going to cry.
Please don't, I understand Wellingtonians had a hard enough time with the last floods. :p

Murray P
14-01-2005, 12:21 AM
You might want to go south a wee bit there agent. Just a tad though, don't go slipping off the bottom.

agent
14-01-2005, 12:25 AM
But I don't recall any recent floods in Christchurch, unfortunately.

Oh well, perhaps it's that when Thomas cries, a natural disaster happens elsewhere in the world. Much like the butterfly and the storm...

Murray P
14-01-2005, 12:31 AM
But I don't recall any recent floods in Christchurch, unfortunately.

Oh well, perhaps it's that when Thomas cries, a natural disaster happens elsewhere in the world. Much like the butterfly and the storm...

Ahh! so it is Thomas's fualt, shall we lynch him, I'd like some summer at least :thumbs:

Cicero
14-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Ahh! so it is Thomas's fualt, shall we lynch him, I'd like some summer at least :thumbs:
In the old days something would go wrong in the village,just because a woman had a black cat,they would decide she was a witch and burn her at the stake,I know how she feels. ;)

Metla
14-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Makes you wonder why woman done stupid things like owning black cats in the first place........

Cicero
14-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Makes you wonder why woman done stupid things like owning black cats in the first place........

Next time I come across such a woman I will ask.

hamstar
14-01-2005, 02:02 PM
man, i got pwned....

As for switching to the competition? What competition!? IT's a monopoly! Thats what I'm protesting about!

Cicero
14-01-2005, 02:13 PM
man, i got pwned....

As for switching to the competition? What competition!? IT's a monopoly! Thats what I'm protesting about!

To some that is a small formality that needs no consideration. ;)

Edward
14-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Hamstar. http://telstraclear.net.nz

Knock yourself out.

Horace
14-01-2005, 11:49 PM
If I use a green :badpc: marking pen, will it have the same effect, or is the little letter opening man only trained to recognise red?
:confused:

Rob99
15-01-2005, 12:51 AM
I just never answer the phone, that way if someone is making a toll/cell call from a telecom phone to me it will go unanswered, and telecom will not be able to charge and make profit. ha ha ha haaaaaaa

Growly
15-01-2005, 10:26 PM

Nuclear weapons suck.

Thermonuclear weapons are teh 1337 uber shizzle.

sambaird
15-01-2005, 10:41 PM
I just never answer the phone, that way if someone is making a toll/cell call from a telecom phone to me it will go unanswered, and telecom will not be able to charge and make profit. ha ha ha haaaaaaa
does that work i might give it a go

george12
15-01-2005, 10:50 PM

Wow, Rob!

If you dropped 5 $1.50 toll calls per day and kept it up for ten years...

You will lose them 0.003% of their profits. If we all do that, that's 1000 members or so. 3% of all profits. Can be lost by PressF1.

Somehow, I think "Yeah Right". Doesnt work. At all. Something dark is going on guys.

Edward
16-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Besides, even if the person at the other end dosen't pick up, the person calling still pays.

george12
16-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Oh yeah.....

But if every PF1 member dumped TC entirely, we can cost them $100,000 a month (if we each spent $100 / month before).

Still not practical. Especially for a meagre effect of 0.01%.

Nope, fraid as a community we cannot make them feel our wrath, at least not with our wallets.

Growly
16-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Hey I have an idea, let's nuke Telecom? Oh no wait, we'd go too...

I'd smile if Telecom cut the phone lines to all that dumped it - it's such a retaliatory thing to do, and wouldn't be a surprise coming from Telecom.

george12
16-01-2005, 01:04 PM
*** ... Hey ... Uh

Don't you love Telecom Growly?

personthingy
16-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Come on dudes and dudesses......
Lets be slightly positive! Rather than endless slagging of Telecon (and no i don't like them), lets look at ALTERNATIVES. All this bitchin' about what people have is starting to really annoy!

:eek:

PaulD
16-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Besides, even if the person at the other end dosen't pick up, the person calling still pays.
Wrong. Charging starts when call is answered, whether by human or answering machine,fax,modem etc.

Cicero
16-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Come on dudes and dudesses......
Lets be slightly positive! Rather than endless slagging of Telecon (and no i don't like them), lets look at ALTERNATIVES. All this bitchin' about what people have is starting to really annoy!

:eek:
Try not reading it,you may find that of some help.