PDA

View Full Version : Fox 600e universal remote control

wuppo
10-01-2005, 12:07 PM
:help: I'm after the programming code(s) for a Sharp brand TV, for a Fox 600E universal remote control (that Dick Smith used to sell aeons ago).

Graham L
11-01-2005, 02:41 PM
If it's a modern Sharp TV, a remote from "aeons" ago might not have the codes. I think Jaycar have fairly cheap "universal" remotes. They were selling one on special for $24 late last year.

Winston001
11-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Aren't the codes the same for every universal remote? If so, then any book of codes would help. I'll see if I can find the Sharp ones. Alternatively the remote probably has a search function to find the correst code. Have you tried Google?

wuppo
12-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. The remote used to work with the TV - I think it may have lost it's codes after being fiddled with. The codes in question are ones that you enter into the remote to tell it what devices it is to communicate with (it predates the smart 'self learning' remotes). The only references I can find on google, are others that have lost the manual and are looking for specific programming codes :stare:

Peter H
12-01-2005, 08:59 AM
My book gives these codes for Sharp - different remote, but worth a try. 06 11 20 21 25 37 52 53
52 works on my 17 year old sharp, and also a Goldstar 20.
Bye

Graham L
12-01-2005, 04:04 PM
The smart "learning" remotes interest me: many people must buy them to replace a lost or broken one. How do you train them without the original remote? :D

Peter H
12-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Normally by turning on the TV - then repeatedly pressing the power button until it switches off, counting the number of times. Then you press the device key and it should save it. They are all different. The warehouse have a good & cheap one.
Bye

Winston001
12-01-2005, 07:05 PM
I have beside me a Phillips universal TV control. It is green and has a bottle opener at one end. :thumbs: I have two and they are great. It only has 6 buttons and only does basic controls for the TV but thats 95% of what I need. Specialed by Smith City for $15 - 20 years ago.

I mostly use a One-for-All from DSE - about $70. It is very good. But a previous model of the same brand with an lcd screen was rather iffy and ate batteries like crazy.

Any luck with the codes Peter supplied? Here are 2 more:

As to auto search - give it a try. As Peter says the usual method is to point the remote at the TV and then press either a "magic/function" key, or the off key at the same time as the function key - hold down for about 5 secs. Then press the off key. The remote may do an auto search or you might have to press the off key lots and see if the TV reacts.

But I suspect you need the codes or else a visit to DSE. Good luck.