PDA

View Full Version : ot RPCSS.EXE

G-Boy
07-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Iv'e had quite a few probs with RPCSS.EXE on my comp, and have read alot on it,but came across this interesting post, make your own mind up.

http://www.netalive.org/topics/22011 :confused:

abiker
06-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Know I am replying to an old post, but wanted to add that the post of G-Boy the best I have seen. Out of all the help forums, reading the threads, this one seems to be of the BEST
I have ever been to. I have been working with PC's since before the net was even alive. Ran BBS's. Built first PC.

The person who asked about what OEM was, and was politely answered really amazed me.
Other groups I have seen, always someone making a wise crack about newbies and oldies.

Due to money and illness probs, and deaths in family, I have really been taken to the cleaners. So called tech put new motherboard in PC, stole my router. <place went out of business> I found the guy..He doesn't like me much as I question him on everything. And cornered him on illegal software, scripts, him not knowing what jumper settings for a mouse. I don't know what he did, but he says my 40 gig hard drive is bad. I just added 98SE on it and did a thorough check. It's fine. The 13 gig hard drive he stuck on here, has W2K, NT, 98SE files,
3 partitions, and he connected<disconnected> my rw cd rom <saying it was bad> When try to recover my old web sites, get errors.

Don't know what I am going to do, as can't see well enough to work on the PC myself, places I have found, charge an arm and a leg to work on the PC. Just reported another place to the BBBureau. Got my $100 back, but they also stuck files that I have checked out and they aren't Microsoft approved. Being disabled and not able to take PC anywhere, stinks.

Wish I had learned UNIX and had Linix on here.

Best Regards to all and the wonderful answers and compassionate people.

AB

pctek
06-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Yet another cowboy tech. I hate them.

Which area do you live in? We can recommend someone depending where you are.