PDA

View Full Version : must see TV , TV3 @ 8:30

robsonde
06-01-2005, 06:37 PM
TV3 at 8:30 tonight is the doco - just a game.

Thursday Doco explores the impact of video games which have become the biggest entertainment phenomenon in history and make more money than Hollywood.

are computer games turning us all in to killing zombies??

Metla
06-01-2005, 06:47 PM
I would imagine that politicians are responsible for a billion more deaths then video games,Maybe we should ban them instead.....

Prescott
06-01-2005, 06:49 PM
that think that us gamers have a problem, the people that have the problem are the ones that wanna blame others, if they cant handle the game, they should play it then.....

Metla
06-01-2005, 06:59 PM
I wonder what violent video games and evil music Hitler listened to as a youth..

And Albert De Salvo probbaly just watched too many saturday morning cartoons.

Mirddes
06-01-2005, 08:40 PM
i have stated to hate an and all progras like this
it leads my granddad in to a huge rant abuot how bad they are:groan:, and no matter how many times i point out that contray to waht he says, "most people do not BELEIVE that videogames are the same as real life".
in response to my futile attempts, he tuts.
so i boycott these programs so i can enjoy my life
which is a major loss to me, because some of tehm sound interesting

Raikyn
06-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Looks like I missed this one as well.
Anyone for a review?

Cicero
06-01-2005, 09:37 PM
i have stated to hate an and all progras like this
it leads my granddad in to a huge rant abuot how bad they are:groan:, and no matter how many times i point out that contray to waht he says, "most people do not BELEIVE that videogames are the same as real life".
in response to my futile attempts, he tuts.
so i boycott these programs so i can enjoy my life
which is a major loss to me, because some of tehm sound interesting

Poor dear,what a shame.

Winston001
06-01-2005, 10:04 PM
I don't know how many of you have read the Brothers Grimm tales. I cut my teeth on them as a boy. Scary stuff. No happy sweet all-is-well endings.

And despite this trauma, I've turned out well. Indeed, I haven't felt the need to murder for ages.

If there is a problem with computer games, it is that they are so compelling. They are also sedentary. No exercise or physical interaction with other people. This is unhealthy.

However, the violence etc is no different to that contained in centuries of fairy tales. And indeed in everyday life prior to the 19th century. So we need not fear for the longterm effects of these games on our youth.

beama
06-01-2005, 10:10 PM
missed it
too busy playing pacman :D

Raikyn
06-01-2005, 10:15 PM
If there is a problem with computer games, it is that they are so compelling. They are also sedentary. No exercise or physical interaction with other people. This is unhealthy.

Reading has exactly the same effects, but no one complains about that :illogical

BTW I'm not meaning to quote out of context, just heighten your point, I think :@@:

Metla
06-01-2005, 10:25 PM
The scenes i have read in books would never be shot on film, Many times extreme suffering is presented in graphic detail.

Cicero
06-01-2005, 10:46 PM
I don't know how many of you have read the Brothers Grimm tales. I cut my teeth on them as a boy. Scary stuff. No happy sweet all-is-well endings.

And despite this trauma, I've turned out well. Indeed, I haven't felt the need to murder for ages.

However, the violence etc is no different to that contained in centuries of fairy tales. And indeed in everyday life prior to the 19th century. So we need not fear for the longterm effects of these games on our youth.
Well that's all right then.

Raikyn
06-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Books don't seem to have any sort of classification.
Many mainstream books have explicit sex and violence in them but are availible for all to read.
This will be the next target for the PC brigade ;)

drb1
07-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Books don't seem to have any sort of classification.
Many mainstream books have explicit sex and violence in them but are availible for all to read.
This will be the next target for the PC brigade ;)

They have allready been there once which is why noddy and various Enid blytons tales are no longer to be found, and children may no longer have golly-wogs among other things.

But the GAY tele-tubbie is ok????????

D.

Raikyn
07-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Those books would be shining example of cultural diversity nowdays.

drb1
07-01-2005, 07:09 AM
Those books would be shining example of cultural diversity nowdays.

Which is why I cant figure the gay telley tubie in and noddy out.

When the tubbie was/is obvious (Man/He with a womans hand bag??) and noddy only shared a house and was allagedly.

Like getting down on the work of lewis carrol because he was supposedly on coke when he wrote most of it??

But the Blues brothers, Sataurday night live and Fleetwood Mac are not a problem????

I see punch and judy are sneaking back also.

Luckly the extended/adopted family hoarded all these illegall, toys, books, and early videos, so the current generation of 5 to 10 yearolds still have acess to them, in our little enclave any way.

D.

Raikyn
07-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Edit:Comment might not be appropriate for this forum

Meh :annoyed: