PDA

View Full Version : sky digital help needed ugrently

lance4k
03-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Hi,

I would like to know how I connect a sky digital decoder to my television which has NO AV's. Now I have a dvd player thats ALREADY connected to my television. The dvd player is plugged into a RF modulator that I bought from dick smith. The rf modulator is plugged into the antenna input on the tv. So if I was to get sky I know I'll need to use an RF cable, but how am I going to plug it into my tv if my DVD player(using rf modulator) is already plugged into the tv antenna input. REMEMBER my television has NO AV's or SCART INPUTS it ONLY has an RF input which is IN USE.

tweak'e
03-01-2005, 12:53 PM
most av modulator have an RF input, plug the sky RF out into that.......or simply plug the shy RF directly into your tv then plug the modulator into the sky decoder RF in.

tweak'e
03-01-2005, 12:58 PM
add to that i hope you used a 2-1 av conector to connect the stero dvd output into the mono modulator input otherwise it will be like watching a movie with only one speaker working.

Jeff
03-01-2005, 01:00 PM
The best and easiest solution is to get a more modern TV which has a few AV inputs on it.

The only other solution would be more boxes and a mess of cables.
There are AV switch boxes you could get, and plug your DVD and Sky into, then plug into you RF modulator ( have seen these at Central Park). This is a bit messy and could cause interference in your RF leads.

The new TV option maybe a bit more expesive, but is most likely the best option.

godfather
03-01-2005, 02:41 PM
There is a socket for terrestrial RF input and another for RF output on the decoder, in addition to the socket for the cable to the dish.

DVD RF modulator plugs into the terrestrial antenna socket on the digital decoder.

RF antenna output of the digital decoder plugs into the TV aerial lead.

(Naturally the digital Sky dish antenna is plugged into it's own socket on the decoder)

lance4k
03-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Godfather thanks. Hey could anyone take a picture of the back of there sky digital decoder with the leads unplugged and post a picture on here oe upload it to a site and give me the URL.

THANKS

tweak'e
04-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Godfather thanks. Hey could anyone take a picture of the back of there sky digital decoder with the leads unplugged and post a picture on here oe upload it to a site and give me the URL.

THANKS

your kidding right ??

theres only 2 plugs on the back that you can plug aerial leads into and there are both usually marked. its just the same as a video.

godfather
04-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Agree with tweak'e

The "normal" (Belling-Lee type) TV aerial socket (takes a male plug) is the terrestrial aerial input.
The male version of this socket is where the output to the TV goes. That exactly the same as any Video Recorder.

The dish antenna is an F Type socket and is easily recognised, it's quite different to the standard TV aerial plugs.

Billy T
05-01-2005, 08:20 AM
I may have missed something in this thread, but if the objective is to get two separate RF inputs into one TV antenna socket, why not use a two way splitter (DSE L4270 $13.95 or L4272 $13.35) in reverse to combine the two signals. So long as they are both on different channels all should be well.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)