PDA

View Full Version : Multi Function Devices

Phil B
02-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Do any of the mfd's have a answerphone as well as the normal fax ect?

Phil

godfather
02-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Yes
The Brother Multifunction TAM MFC620 does, but you need to be satisfied with mediocre printing quality and have a deep pocket for the ink that it uses in it's cleaning cycles if it is anything like it's predeccessor.

Cam
19-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Godfather,

I have a MFC-620CN. Sometimes it does not receive the data from my notebook, particular printing word documents. I usually restart my computer and it start printing the queue. I have tried another laptop with it and the same problem occurs.

Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers

Winston001
19-04-2005, 01:51 PM
My experience of using and talking to answer phones over the years has convinced me that a remote service is best. Such as Telecom call minder. Reliable, not subject to power failures, fax taking over, accessible from any phone.

godfather
19-04-2005, 02:27 PM
My experience of using and talking to answer phones over the years has convinced me that a remote service is best. Such as Telecom call minder. Reliable, not subject to power failures, fax taking over, accessible from any phone.

I agree, and have changed to a remote service as well, for full flexibility.

As to the problems of the Brother MFC 620N, without knowing how it is connecting (Networked, or shared or direct connected) its hard to guess what the problem would be.

Suffice to say I am totally underwhelmed by Brother printers anyway, both in performance, quality and in driver compatability. I remain unsurprised at the difficulties one may face, I solved all mine by tossing the MFC out.

As a fax and a copier they are excellent though.

Metla
19-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Bugger, After all this badmouthing I''ll never get a good price for mine once Tradef1 goes live.

Muhahahhaha.

But as seems to be the trend, I ditched my brother mfc due to the cost and use of ink...

BoboTheClown
20-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Bought a Brother MFC7600 8-in-1 a few years ago, all the bell and whistles you need like answerphone, etc. Cost a pretty packet too ($1000), so imagine the dissapointment when you upgrade OS a year later and none of the software will work, and neither does Brother plan to release software for never versions of Windows. Effectively I now only have a 4-in-1 machine, which I could have bought for a 3rd of the price at the time.

Ink cartidges are expensive considering it's only a ink container with no print head, and they don't go far.

All in all, I simply won't buy a Brother product again.

Phil B
20-04-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm glad I didn't get one. I got rid of the telecom one. When you use the phone nowadays, you just pick it up & start pressing. Don't listen for the dial tone. Hence we sometimes had 2 week old messages on it. I might get a cordless TAM. But I'd have to tie the handset to the base station with no8, just like the tv remotes, they've got legs