PDA

View Full Version : Concert program

Cicero
01-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Is it possible to play the concert program on computer.If so,what do I do....Ta.

Jen
01-01-2005, 07:20 PM
What concert program? Is this a radio station or a software program?

drb1
01-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Is it possible to play the concert program on computer.If so,what do I do....Ta.

Guess,

Tv tuner card with am/fm reception.

Or sound card with externall input/put's

D.

godfather
01-01-2005, 07:54 PM
A TV card with FM radio will work in your location (the Concert Program is on FM, as is National Radio). These work fine here. Link below.

DSE PCI Card TV Tuner + FM v2 $94 (or $89.30 trade price)
http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH6861

If you were thinking of a free resource such as streaming audio, then as far as I know its not available, and you would need a broadband connection for satisfactory results anyway.

Cicero
01-01-2005, 08:14 PM
A TV card with FM radio will work in your location (the Concert Program is on FM, as is National Radio). These work fine here. Link below.

DSE PCI Card TV Tuner + FM v2 $94 (or $89.30 trade price)
http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH6861

If you were thinking of a free resource such as streaming audio, then as far as I know its not available, and you would need a broadband connection for satisfactory results anyway.
Thanks for that G_F,sounds great,will get one fitted.Computer Future I suppose,they built my unit.

Sorry Jen I thought everybody listened to the concert program over the age of 35,I was wrong.

TonyF
01-01-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm one !!
Tony

Cicero
01-01-2005, 09:28 PM
For the 4th year in a row,The lark Ascending was the most popular piece of the year.
Nice piece of poetry goes with it.
He rises and begins to round,
He drops the silver chain of sound,
Of many links without a break,
In chirrup, whistle, slur and shake.

For singing till his heaven fills,
‘Tis love of earth that he instils,
And ever winging up and up,
Our valley is his golden cup
And he the wine which overflows
to lift us with him as he goes.

Till lost on his aerial rings
In light, and then the fancy sings.
http://web.icq.com/friendship/swf/0,,16961_rs,00.swf

TonyF
01-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi Cicero. There were the usual regulars ( Messiah,Dvorak,Schubert). I did not really expect Lark again. Schubert quintet last year was nice. Did you put in an entry ?
Cheers T

Raikyn
01-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Some of us under thirty also listen occasionally :)

Cicero
01-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi Cicero. There were the usual regulars ( Messiah,Dvorak,Schubert). I did not really expect Lark again. Schubert quintet last year was nice. Did you put in an entry ?
Cheers T

Never enter anything Tony,consequently never win much :D

TonyF
01-01-2005, 09:41 PM
We retired oldies are in the happy position of being able to mark our copy of the Listener and wallow in something nice at any time of day ( except for that strange stuff on Tue evening..) (Prepare to duck ...)

Cheers T

TonyF
01-01-2005, 09:48 PM
In another forum a couple of years ago, there was a discussion about what was the last music you wanted to hear as you faded out. Lots of interesting ideas, and in my case it was the opening fugue of the C#minor quartet, or the closing chorus of Bach's St Mathew. Have CFM forum folk got input ?
Cheers Tony

Metla
01-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Hallowed be thy name by Iron Maiden.

:eek:

Perfectly fitting for a deathbed.....

Winston001
01-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Well I'm a little suprised Tom. I thought you'd be a loyal fan of The Edge. ;)

Cicero
02-01-2005, 06:41 AM
Well I'm a little suprised Tom. I thought you'd be a loyal fan of The Edge. ;)

I probably would be Win if I knew who they were :p