To continue the tradition I've held for the past... :p

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

Rob99
01-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Happy New Year

agent
01-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Best wishes for a peaceful new year.

Just watched about three minutes of continuous fireworks off the Sky Tower in Auckland - must've cost many thousands of dollars!

Make the best of it everyone :D

Overdrive_5000
01-01-2005, 12:20 AM
happy new year...party hard :D :D

NiceCarpet
01-01-2005, 12:47 AM
!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Have a good one!

merino
01-01-2005, 01:49 AM
Wishing a very Happy and Prosperous New Year to all Press F1-ers. :thumbs: [I][B]

merino
01-01-2005, 01:50 AM
I obviously need some lessons on how to use colour and other features in posting. Any offers? :help:

FoxyMX
01-01-2005, 03:18 AM
I obviously need some lessons on how to use colour and other features in posting. Any offers? :help:
This page (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=52720) may help.

Happy New Year, people. :D

E|im
01-01-2005, 03:49 AM
Crikey what's the point in posting here at 12:03am saying 'Happy New Year'? Shouldn't you be outside at a party, with friends, or watching fireworks somewhere?

merino
01-01-2005, 07:23 AM
This page (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=52720) may help.

Happy New Year, people. :DThank you foxy! :D

~sy~
01-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Crikey what's the point in posting here at 12:03am saying 'Happy New Year'? Shouldn't you be outside at a party, with friends, or watching fireworks somewhere?
Simple reason. I have no life. :illogical Does that make you happy?

If you don't like the thread, don't reply to it! If you were around 'back in the old days' you'll know why I've done it. I was personally going to crash straight to bed at 11.30 -but with half a hour to go, I stayed to wish you all well. Heck, if I had known I was going to get your sort of feedback, I wouldn't have posted.

How about you go get a life instead of criticising me at 3:49am?

Jen
01-01-2005, 04:11 PM
How about you go get a life instead of criticising me at 3:49am?I think you are being a touch sensitive sy, I read that comment as being more light-hearted than a dig at you.

I remember one year (going back a few now) where you and Mike (IIRC) had a post battle to be the one who made the first post for the New Year :p

Greg
01-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Happy New Year, people.

Back at ya, and all the best to you all

MMM
01-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Hi SY

***HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND THE REST OF THE FORUM***
Like you and a lot of my friends, I don't venture out on New Years Eve, but do a lot of emailing and telephoning family etc. A lady I was talking to today, drove her visitors home around 12.30am and said there was hardly any traffic on the road.

Traditionally, it was thought that one could affect the luck they would have throughout the coming year by what they did or ate on the first day of the year.

For that reason, it has become common for folks to celebrate the first few minutes of a brand new year in the company of family and friends.
Parties often last into the middle of the night after the ringing in of a new year.
It was once believed that the first visitor on New Year's Day would bring either good luck or bad luck the rest of the year. It was particularly lucky if that visitor happened to be a tall dark-haired man.
Traditional New Year foods are also thought to bring luck. Many cultures believe that anything in the shape of a ring is good luck, because it symbolizes "coming full circle," completing a year's cycle. [Eg. the Dutch believe eating donuts on New Years will bring good fortune.]
In Venezuela - people usually wear yellow underwear on New Year's Day. It means good luck for people who wear it.
In Mexico - Some people, especially women, wear red underwear meaning you will find love in the next year.
And NO - I don't have a thing about underwear, except my mother always told us to alway have clean underwear on in case we had an accident and ended up in hospital.

But, I do follow a tradition of some old Great-Aunts of mine [Irish] who believed that if you put some of the straw, from Jesus's crib in the Church, into your purse, it would never be empty for the following year. And it has worked for me http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

MMM
01-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Used WYSIWYG to get formatting I wanted but it buggers up my gifs.

so here they are in quick reply :D :D :D

Cicero
01-01-2005, 09:25 PM
http://web.icq.com/friendship/swf/0,,16961_rs,00.swf

FoxyMX
01-01-2005, 10:26 PM
But, I do follow a tradition of some old Great-Aunts of mine [Irish] who believed that if you put some of the straw, from Jesus's crib in the Church, into your purse, it would never be empty for the following year. And it has worked for me http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I don't follow the tradition now but my mother always used to put money, a coin each, eg 20 cents for us kids and 50 cents for our parents, outside in a hiding place prior to New Year's Day then on NYD would take us, one by one, to collect our coin. That was supposed to bring us good luck with money throughout the coming year.

Unfortunately I don't think it worked very well for my parents while they had us kids at home. :p

george12
01-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Many cultures believe that anything in the shape of a ring is good luck

They have obviously never seen The Ring...

drb1
02-01-2005, 02:31 AM
Hi SY

***HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND THE REST OF THE FORUM***
Like you and a lot of my friends, I don't venture out on New Years Eve, but do a lot of emailing and telephoning family etc. A lady I was talking to today, drove her visitors home around 12.30am and said there was hardly any traffic on the road.

=====
This is the result of police state, Terroism.
========

http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/images/smilies/biggrin.g
if

Many Asian cultures belive the first visitor to enter you dwelling/business in a New Year to be an Omen for the New year.

d.