PDA

View Full Version : Helping out a friend with possible breach of corporate confidentiality

Chilling_Silence
29-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Greetings,

I have a mate of mine whos flatmate uses NZDating (No, I swear its not me, Ive got enough girls :cool: ). He believes he may be breaching corporate confidentiality or something with some of the private messages he's been sending.

Im not sure of the whole story, but what sort of action can be taken to assure this _isnt_ the case?

Cheers

Chill.

nzStan
29-12-2004, 02:37 PM
I don't quite understand the question.

Let me see if I got this right...

Your (errr... ) friend uses NZDating, he's not a staff of NZDating, and when he receive and send PM via NZDating he think he might have breached (err....) his company's confidentiality or internet use policy?

To ensure no action can be taken, don't link the company email address to his nzdating account. Use a personal email account instead. And obviously don't include any confidential company details in his nzdating account or messages.

Chilling_Silence
29-12-2004, 03:35 PM
I dont know the whole story coz Ive never even been to the nzdating website let alone used that sorta thing.

But AFAIK this mate of mine suspects his flatemate may be breaching corporate confidentiality.

Should he contact NZDating admin or the place of employment?

ninja
29-12-2004, 03:35 PM
I can't see how this is anything to do with the person that has suspicions. There is obviously a lot more to this than he/you are letting on.

Not really an issue for NZDating. It's not like they can police every message sent across their network. Nor will they know what said user is/is not allowed to divulge.

I can't see how that site would be a vehicle for corporate conspiracy anyway?

Dear hot_nz_gurl_69

ASL?

I read your profile, and my employer Large Corporation had a turnover of $11.65 million last quarter, which really caught my attention.

Your picture is quite stunning - is that really you? You look kind of like our receptionist who just handed me the file detailing our takeover of Large Corporation 2 which is happening in a month or so.

I'd like to know more about you, especially before we merge with Large International Conglomerate 3 and hire Paul Holmes.

The pin code to our office door is 1698 - it's got the same numbers as your username... wow!

Love

Some_Guy

Edit: Shouldn't this be in chat?

agent
29-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Dear Some_Guy

I love your turnover, it's so large! I've never encountered something that big in all my life, but I'd love to experience some more. Perhaps we could even split the company and have two turnovers going at once.

Sorry to disappoint you, but that photo wasn't actually me. It's one of my subordinates. You see, I work at Inland Revenue, and we were going to perform an in-depth analysis of the operations Large Corporation and Large Corporation 2 are carrying out. I wouldn't want to break out the leather, but if you aren't at peak performance, you'll have to scrap any dreams of toying with Large International Conglomerate 3, let alone that fetching Holmes outfit.

And isn't it quite amazing that your office PIN code has the same number as my username? In fact it's so weird, because if you rearrange the PIN code you'll find out the year I was born in - 1968!

I hope you're interested in me, because you sure are amazing!

With all my love,

hot_nz_gurl_69

Ash M
29-12-2004, 03:59 PM
I dont know the whole story coz Ive never even been to the nzdating website let alone used that sorta thing.

But AFAIK this mate of mine suspects his flatemate may be breaching corporate confidentiality.

Should he contact NZDating admin or the place of employment?

Well I can only see it being a breach of confidentiality if

1) He is divulging / receiving confidential information to unauthorised persons
2) Making up / Faking information about his 'employer'
3) Giving someone else access to company systems, programs, or documents of any kind

If he is using it at work, or with a work e-mail adress, then he could also be in trouble but I doubt for confidentiality breaches.

~sy~
29-12-2004, 04:03 PM
LOL ninja and agent! Before we know it, you guys will be dating each other :p

PcNut
29-12-2004, 04:10 PM

Im not sure of the whole story, but what sort of action can be taken to assure this _isnt_ the case?

Isn't this tread a waste of time unless you do have the whole story?
Like we tell newbies....
OS
System specs
Specific error messages
Accurate information will help solve the problem faster
Also, shouldn't this be in chat?

drb1
29-12-2004, 04:16 PM
LOL ninja and agent! Before we know it, you guys will be dating each other :p

Is one of them all male to start with????????????

D.

Chilling_Silence
29-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Ah well.. He's going to contact his employer about it.
PcNut:
Im currently sitting at a P3 1.1Ghz, 512MB Ram, there's an error on startup about a missing adobe DLL file... Accurate information? I think this has been given.

Be in chat? Maybe.. I can copy it if you would prefer..... ;-)

PcNut
29-12-2004, 08:08 PM
PcNut:
Im currently sitting at a P3 1.1Ghz, 512MB Ram, there's an error on startup about a missing adobe DLL file... Accurate information? I think this has been given.

Be in chat? Maybe.. I can copy it if you would prefer..... ;-)

No need for anymore info Chill, this ones easy! I've seen it many times before.
Use a free wee utility called FDISK, it's the only way to completely eradicate Adobe .dll errors

Chilling_Silence
29-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Actually I prefer to use cfdisk when installing Linux ;-)

Baldy
29-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Is the only breach of confidelity someone using some elses NZD account and proporting to be the person he/she is not?

Of course you wouldn't be on NZD Chill ;-) with all those women you were skiting about. What cologne do you use? :illogical

PcNut
29-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Actually I prefer to use cfdisk when installing Linux ;-)
Aaah, a perfect example of not enough info.
What a waste of a nice P3 1.1 tho'
(no offence Stellar)