PDA

View Full Version : Photo Album

Cicero
28-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Which is the best photo Album?

Thank you all,if you reply that is :o

Jen
28-12-2004, 12:33 PM
Is this an online photoalbum (free photo hosting) or are you wanting this to just view/organise your photo's on your computer? Commercial or free/shareware?

Baldy
28-12-2004, 12:36 PM
PICASSA

http://www.picasa.com/

The company was recently purchased by Google. Its a FREE download, and has lots of nice editing features as well as enabling you to have lots of different "sub albums" which you can hide from friends and family.

Check it out ~ its one of the better things I have downloaded!

Baldy
28-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Should have added that Picasa isn't a online album. If you are after a online one that your friends can access, then I would recommend Webshots. But beware, if you have any great pics, using their program will give them the right to sell your pics without asking, and you don't get paid. A sort of trade-off for using their program. And you can't store manipulated or adult pics either. They will be deleted.

Cicero
28-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Is this an online photo album (free photo hosting) or are you wanting this to just view/organise your photo's on your computer? Commercial or free/shareware?

Thank you Jen,the one Baldy mentioned sound right up my alley,will have a look and report back.

Thanks Baldy.

Nomad
29-12-2004, 11:24 AM
if you are wanting commercial host sites.
You can't beat www.pbase.com and www.smugmug.com
These are the ones that is not tooo bad to share with other people for a fee. They won't sell your pix and you can upload any size you want. I have tried Yahoo which they downsize your file down. They also attach EXIF data automatically such as camera settings, lens, camera used etc..

They each have a trial accounta available. Pbase.com has the longer one available. They also have password access, customisation of gallery appearance as well .. "sorta like Windows themes".

jasperbg
10-04-2005, 01:13 PM
[Edit - post removed. Please do not spam the board with your website - Jen (Moderator) ]

Cicero
11-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Is that 100 pics per album or what?

sal
11-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Is that 100 pics per album or what?
What limits does [edit: website removed] impose on its users?
You can have as many albums hosted on the service as you wish, however you are limited to 100 photos hosted at any one time. Subscribers are not affected by these limits.

Even though he was looking for software choices, of all the online 'photo galleries' I recommend flickr (http://flickr.com), acquired by Yahoo last month. I'm seriously considering a paid subscription there too.