Mirddes
27-12-2004, 01:47 PM
im going with the DS, for 3 reasons.
#1. batery life.
#2. inovation.
#3. brand loylty.

besides.
it comes out first and its cheaper.

so i guess that would be abvuot 5 reasons.
oh well

hamstar
27-12-2004, 11:39 PM
i dont understand why youd wanna play sh*t ported games on a 5" screen?

hamstar
27-12-2004, 11:51 PM
well, some of them are ported...

Ninjabear
28-12-2004, 01:38 AM
I prefer ds

Fergie
28-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Most of the new games coming out for the PSP have actually complete new games designed from teh ground up.
But i do see what u'r getting at.
BUt maybe this will benefit XBOX owners - hu would never buy a PS2 - but no some of teh games are good - the PSP will enable them to play them etc i dunno
I judt looking ford to playing Multiplayer Need 4 Speed Rivals over Wifi with my mates on the bus and at skool!! (actually, i'd rather play the NFL game coming out - but none of my mates like NFL...)

Prescott
29-12-2004, 08:32 AM
DS? PSP? have i missed something?
i know what a PSP is (playstation portable) ive heard about it but whats a DS

still i wouldnt like playing that all day : rolleyes:

Fergie
29-12-2004, 05:45 PM
The new handheld from Nintendo, named the DS for its 'Dual Screens'.
It has 2 screens - one of which is a touch screen.

Prescott
29-12-2004, 05:53 PM
ahh i see, id still rather play snake on my phone........ not

megaman5000
29-12-2004, 09:47 PM
how dare people spit on nintendo :mad: if it want for nintendo we wouldn't have a handheld gameing platform we would still be playing tetris the PSP is over priced junk and i think looks trash and proble will play like it to but nintendo dung into the archives and the design has not changed much from the original gameboy i think Nintendo needs to be thanked and i playstation wouldn't be around if it wan't for nintendo with there strong console market so those playstaion nuts out there think twice with nintendo because they are the console god's which have the gaming god's with them such as a the guys who created pac man, megaman, zelda, mario&luigi, and meany outher clasics

do dis nintendo :dogeye: ;)

Metla
29-12-2004, 09:51 PM
I'll be quite happy if i never see another rehashing of the Nintendo franchises.

george12
29-12-2004, 09:56 PM
What the hell, "megaman5000"?!

Are you Edward with an alias, some prick impersonating him, or a totally unrelated person who coincidentally chose his name? If the third then I apologise.

And that was sort of.... bordering on spam IMO. Nothing wrong with your opinion but the way it was put forth...

Fergie
30-12-2004, 06:53 PM
how dare people spit on nintendo
may i ask hu 'spat on nintendo' becos no one in this thread has been anti-NT, i maybe have leant towards the PSP, and have made this clear in other post's, but i don't think anyone on this forum was going off at NT...

the PSP is over priced junk and i think looks trash
You sure?!
It is only $50 more than the Nintendo DS, and Sony are in fact losing $$ selling the console (as stated b4) and how can u say tht it looks trash? Hvae u seen one? in person...

so those playstaion nuts out there think twice with nintendo because they are the console god's
Consoles God at the Handheld console maybe, but not the gaming console as such...
And i'm no NT hater, i love NT, it was my first steps in a huge journey in video gaming.
I had a N64, and owned EVERY GAMEBOY, everyone - the original, then got teh pocket, colour, GBA... and had a ton of games etc and have provided me wif ALOT of enjoyment.

Naturally, as with everything, theres going to be fans of one side and haters of the other, and fair enough, no one is forced to like one product, and i think its great that ppl express there support, but don't like how ppl go off and blast away thinking that only they are right (this also applies to other things in life - such as religion, politics...)
Let me no what the DS is like when you get one, as if it seems to big OK, i might also get one!

Sylar
03-04-2008, 09:08 AM
I like psp
the games are WAY better than ds-graphics wise
like FF Crisis Core, its awesome

josh2200
03-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I've got a psp. bought it a year or so ago. now days i never use it for games... i use it for music/movies/ net surfing.
the psp is all right battery lasts long enough. dosent take long to charge.

if any i would go psp. but i have never used a ds so cant say anything about them

Jester
03-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Holy old thread Batman!

JUST INSANE
03-04-2008, 07:31 PM
I think its not the consoles functions but what games you want to play as different people have different tastes.
The NDS is not recommended by me because the pixels in the games is too small which is bad for your eyes.
The PSP is a bit bigger but at least the newer generation allows you to connect it to a tv which reduces image quality but it is better for your eyes.

Other points guys who plays for 8 hours flat out you will get brain damage and nerves system damage.
The Old game boys are out of fashion so if you want those games you can get them emulated if you own the originals or get those that nintendo don't care any more.

Sweep
03-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Which is best?

The Sony PSP, or the Nintendo DS?

For me there is no question: PSP

Being as another person brought up this poll I would suggest once again your poll appears to be flawed like other polls.

Why would you ask PressF1 members when there are two choices and I would take it that you have a Sony Playstation?

If there is "no question" then may I ask you why asked the question in the first place and made the poll?

What is your current game thingy?

qazwsxokmijn
03-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Being as another person brought up this poll I would suggest once again your poll appears to be flawed like other polls
Well let's see you come up with a god damn perfect poll, Sweep.

JUST INSANE
03-04-2008, 08:06 PM
I agree with qazwsxokmijn no one is perfect. If you have a problem ask me the random asian.

Crow1985
04-04-2008, 09:54 AM
It's easy the platform with the better games is the better platform.
Everybody like different games, so for one the psp is better for another the ds.
I don't know, which games are released at this platforms.
But I'am don't like sony very well.

Sweep
04-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Well let's see you come up with a god damn perfect poll, Sweep.

A poll to elicit what information may I ask? I may also ask why you used blasphemy in your post

Have you ever seen me make a poll?
I thought not!

I do not make polls as in my opinion the world does not run by simple yes or no answers apart from Courts of Law where witnesses are sometimes badgered into answering a question with a yes/no response.

Added to that, PressF1 only allows 10 choices for the question.
That would mean, if I made a poll about the next General Election I could only mention 10 parties and there may be more for example.

Then of course all PressF1 members could actually vote in this poll could they not?

This would mean that in my opinion any person under 18 (voting age) should be automatically barred from answering the poll and I can just see the Admins doing that!

Please have a think before you post. Your opinion (in your view counts) so please allow me my opinion.

There are only two polls I actually agree with.

I actually stop doing what I would otherwise be doing to cast my vote at the various elections like Local body or General and I have also thought hard about why I vote for whom I do.

I also vote with my wallet in supermarkets or wherever. Take it this way. If all people in New Zealand stopped buying petrol from one particular brand then the company concerned would possibly drop prices to compete. We would all have to agree though and I can't see that happening either.

I may also suggest that some people actually lie in a poll. Have you thought of that?

george12
05-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Why's it always my 4 yr old threads that get dragged up from the dead?

Jen
05-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Why's it always my 4 yr old threads that get dragged up from the dead?Because you don't put any end date (or a short term end date) to your polls. :rolleyes:

I closed this poll the other day when I saw it return from the dead.