PDA

View Full Version : What did you do / where did you go for christmas?

hamstar
25-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Didnt see a post for this so thought I'd make one...

I went to my neighbours and paddock bashed all day....

With a starlet, fiat uno, and pre-crashed impreza... :D :D :D

Best damn xmas I ever had... better than stoopid family ones....

agent
25-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Ah, well I stayed within a thirty metre radius of my house, really.

Breakfast at the neighbours, lunch at home, no dinner ;)

Had a few people in and out of the house over the day, a phonecall, and that's it!

Fergie
26-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Had a get together with one side of teh family for lunch.
Ended up playing a 2hr Soccer game (after a huge feed) on a Tennis Court (a Grass one) - well, its not anymore (full of wholes)
Was the funniest game of scooer i've ever played!
Then went to the other family for tea - pretty much just sat around, everyone was smashed.
But a gd day!

Mike
26-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Lunch at the in-laws, dinner at my folks. LOTS of food - didn't do much else :D

Quite a nice day really.

Mike.

TonyF
26-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Big family gathering at our place. Assorted babies,rellies etc etc. Five various wives have taken over the kitchen - off limits to men !!

Cheers all
Tony

Prescott
26-12-2004, 12:26 PM
im still full

caffy
26-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Celebrated christmas on the 24th...due to some german tradition. Spent the day entertaining my niece, at our beach house. She opened her presents then went to bed, while us 'oldies' had dinner and opened our presents.

Christmas day was quiet, swimming and watching tv.

Every year I am getting less and less excited about christmas. Anyone else feel the same?

zqwerty
26-12-2004, 03:20 PM
Drove my mother (83) and girlfriend to Diamond Harbour, to my brothers home, about 14 miles, spent the day there eating, played Gran Turismo Prologue with my nephew and then he showed me how to back him up as we fought all these weird creatures in Halo2 on his transparent XBox, I really enjoyed it. Came home at about 21.00.

Yup Xmas these days seems more and more just like a surreal boring dream, with plenty of bad marketing.

"Bah Humbug"

zqwerty
26-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Forgot to say I have 39 Golds out of a possible 46 on Gran Turismo Prologue, I am quite proud of this and when Gran Turismo 4 comes out it will be my Xmas pressy from my mother.

I have tried to get all the Golds in all the Gran Turismo series since it started and it is quite a challenge, has anybody on this site managed to do the Complex String in the required time for a Gold in GT3?

JJJJJ
26-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Well as I have no family, just the wife and me, so treated Xmas as pretty much any other day.
We did get a leg of Pork from the butcher, (no supermarket rubbish). Filled myself up with fatty roast pork and loved it, and will be eating cold pork for the rest of the week.
We only have a roast at Xmas and easter so it makes a nice change.
Rest of the time I spent at my computer.
I did share a bottle of wine with my wife too. Believe it or not it was the first alchaolic drink I've had since last Xmas.
Jack

agent
26-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Every year I am getting less and less excited about christmas. Anyone else feel the same?

Oh don't you worry, I feel the same way too. In fact it was only about midday yesterday that I actually felt motivated to feel a bit of excitement.