PDA

View Full Version : OT Regional BBQs maybe?

Elephant
21-12-2004, 10:03 PM
The poll on where you live made me think a wee bit.

What say we organise a BBQ at a suitable date for PRESSF1 Members in each region?

My thought is that some members can get together within an hour or two drive from their home to a more or less central location.

I live in Tokoroa and am prepared to host one at my place. I am also prepared to go to the likes of Hamilton, Tauranga, Rotorua, Taupo, Te Awamutu etc....

My suggestion is to that we could all get together if any one wants to in a regional way. Obviously those in Invercargill will find it difficult to attend something like that in Auckland.

What do Members think and other suggestions welcomed.

Now we have a new forum and can easily PM and Email for those that have enabled such things I think we can do this.

My suggestion would be that we try this well after Christmas but before March 31st and only if wanted. Before we get back to Winter which we are still in!!! :D

~sy~
21-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Not a bad idea -although BBQ in the hail may not be the best option for AKLer's lately. Very weird! Maybe we'll get a taste of what real christmas is like in the northern hemisphere :D

E|im
21-12-2004, 10:51 PM
I say godfather sells his car and pays the airfares for all members that have been at pressf1 since before say 2003. :illogical :D

It would get mighty boring down here otherwise. I'd only have Winston to meet and then he'd just be trying to get me to hire him as my lawyer. :o Not that I'd mind of course, but he has very expensive fees. :)

Elephant
21-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Not a bad idea -although BBQ in the hail may not be the best option for AKLer's lately. Very weird! Maybe we'll get a taste of what real christmas is like in the northern hemisphere :D
I did say after Christmas and before March. I can't be responsible for there being no Summer.

Elephant
21-12-2004, 11:18 PM
I say godfather sells his car and pays the airfares for all members that have been at pressf1 since before say 2003. :illogical :D

It would get mighty boring down here otherwise. I'd only have Winston to meet and then he'd just be trying to get me to hire him as my lawyer. :o Not that I'd mind of course, but he has very expensive fees. :)

I can't see why Godfather has to be responsible and pay for for everyone. No matter how many posts you have or how long you have been here on PressF1 has nothing to do with a BBQ.

Just my opinion which of course you can ignore if you want to.

Murray P
21-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Hmm, the idea has merit Elephant.

E|im
21-12-2004, 11:56 PM
I can't see why Godfather has to be responsible and pay for for everyone. No matter how many posts you have or how long you have been here on PressF1 has nothing to do with a BBQ.
It was a joke (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=joke). Count me out if Elephant's going to be there.

Elephant
22-12-2004, 12:33 AM
It was a joke (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=joke). Count me out if Elephant's going to be there.

Possibly you can look at this one:-
http://www.brainydictionary.com/words/mi/misanthrope190437.html

My apologies to any Ladies looking at this link. It mentions Mankind as opposed to personkind as it were.

I doubt that I will be in your neck of the woods as it were so feel free to arrange your own BBQ with Winston001

(Please note that I have nothing against that person)

Winston001
22-12-2004, 08:14 AM
I think there are more than 2 of us in the Deep south E|im. Nigel and Powa come to mind. Its a good idea and simple enough. We'll see who else comes out of the woodwork.

Prescott
22-12-2004, 08:44 AM
I think there are more than 2 of us in the Deep south E|im. Nigel and Powa come to mind. Its a good idea and simple enough. We'll see who else comes out of the woodwork.

what about me?? :illogical, im from the deep south aswell

Metla
22-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Be a cold day in hell before you see E|im and Powa at the same bbq.....

TonyF
22-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Who in Wellington lives in a windfree suburb suitable for BBQ? We don't unfortunately..
Cheers Tony

TonyF
22-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Be a cold day in hell before you see E|im and Powa at the same bbq.....
Maybe they could kiss and make up !! Anything possible these days ...

Metla
22-12-2004, 10:20 AM
You never never know what may happen....

Murray P
22-12-2004, 10:32 AM
Who in Wellington lives in a windfree suburb suitable for BBQ? We don't unfortunately..
Cheers Tony

Could give it a crack on my balcony, valley floor in Lower Hutt. Not quite as windy as your neck of the woods in the Western suburbs Tony (no turf skirmishes please ;) ). Plenty of room for a mob, in and out, decor is hard to damage and no fear of collapse as per the Jafa land balconys :help: (*cough* or one I looked at in Welly this morning). Pretty central to get too for people north, south and coast.

beetle
22-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Well i spose here is as good as any place too.

We have a few wanganui peoples....... and any one else who wants to travel i spose.....

:D

and we must have proof of the get togethers? and get online and post it in pf1?????
oh hell maybe not, diet time and makeover time needed......gimmee a year or 2....LOL

anyway ya know where i is, all welcome give me a date to work on.......so i can plan a holiday....:p

just kidding.

me

Cicero
22-12-2004, 05:15 PM

Whatever brought this on I am at a loss to know,however the idea of G_F selling his Ason Martin is unthinkable.

This is supposed to be a season of good cheer,so please chaps,do make an effort. ;)

TonyF
22-12-2004, 05:33 PM
W
,however the idea of G_F selling his Ason Martin is unthinkable.

Aston Martin ?? That goes with the image of being a DE ( Dignified Elder..)

Does it have bangy type things out the front ??

Cheers.
Tony

Đĉ
23-12-2004, 01:03 AM

Just my opinion which of course you can ignore if you want to.
Why what a grumpy, arrogant old man you are!

You are too old to be posting on internet forums. You should be locked up in a retirement home without a computer where you can only piss off other self-important people. :badpc:

Cicero
23-12-2004, 07:15 AM
Why what a grumpy, arrogant old man you are!

You are too old to be posting on INTERNET forums. You should be locked up in a retirement home without a computer where you can only piss off other self-important people. :badpc:

So a Ele's misunderstanding,justifies such unpleasantness on your part?I think not.

Dally
23-12-2004, 07:39 AM
Deci appears to be one of those specimens of ignorant prejudice (ageism in this case) that you wouldn't want to meet at a BBQ or any where else for that matter.

godfather
23-12-2004, 08:22 AM
You may have deduced that Đĉ posts under another name or names here as well.

The modus operandi is unfortunately all too clear.

It really is a shame when such vitriol is seen in a public forum.

Merry Xmas to everyone, it is the season of goodwill after all.

Cicero
23-12-2004, 08:52 AM

This Đĉ fellow should be gone.If we are to be insulted,we should be insulted by experts.
Not long now b4 we eat too much,so all the best to all for the festive season.
Brian.

FoxyMX
23-12-2004, 09:27 AM

Just how many full moons have we had this month?? Five or six, or what? :@@:

Same to you and yours, Godfather. Have a great break, and don't forget to pack your thermals. :p

Merry Christmas all. :)